Friday, February 18, 2011

raspberry apple danish spread (and various other stuffs)

We bought cinnamon Ritz crackers (I think by mistake) and this recipe was on the back of the box. It was sooo yummy.

raspberry apple danish spread
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 apple, chopped
2 tbsp. raspberry jam
1/3 c. granola (my granola had blueberries and cranberries in it- that is what you see up there)
Ritz brown sugar cinnamon crackers

Heat oven to 350*
Spread cream cheese onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate.
Combine apples and jam; spread over cream cheese. Top with granola.
Bake 20 min or until heated through.
Serve with crackers.

********************************************************
.......................................................

Valentine's date night at home! Dave with his favorite things- Sadie, ketchup, and gold coast shrimp. (but I'm his favorite-est, of course)


Oh my goodness- pure bliss. Although, even I was embarrassed with all of the sauces that I needed for my Outback take-out:

1) blue cheese dressing and tangy tomato dressing for my salad
2) Outback's tangy ranch for the cheese fries (I only had a few...)
3) A-1 for the steak
4) sour cream and butter for the baked potato
5) Some special lemon butter sauce for the shrimp.
Embarrassing!!! And I wonder why I can't lose those last 10 pesky pounds- there you have it. I promise not to eat 7 sauces and butters again in one meal until next valentines ((or my birthday?!))


sweet :)

that was all sugar and spice............................get ready for the snips and snails and puppy dogs tails............................................





The boys' closet before the transformation!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what?! Surprise, surprise, I took off those closet doors! It is an addiction- when you start taking doors off you just can't stop. First it was the pantry, then the laundry area, then our girl's closet- now the boys'. I hope to finish it up early next week. Not as dramatic as the purple polka dot one, but better than it was, hopefully!

Would you ever take doors off of a closet or pantry?

5 comments:

manda said...

Cinnamon Ritz! WHAT?!?! I have never heard of them! I will need to check it out!


And your Valentine's night sounds PERFECT!! I love being at home alone with my honey. It doesn't happen very often but when it does...pure bliss!! It gives me a glimpse of the future when our babies are gone and it is just Chad and I. Love!!!

Kellie said...

Sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful dinner with your hubby... PTL! Now... about these closets... most of us have doors for the sole reason of hiding all our junk. How come your "junk" looks pretty and colorful and neat! Not fair that even your "junk" looks good! :-)

The Dreaming Bear said...

Awwww....you and your Valentine are sooo cute!!!! Looks like a lovely evening! And yes, I have pulled a few doors off in my day, and replaced with curtains or lovely shelving. Good luck!!!

Kim's Treasures said...

Your Valentine's dinner looked wonderful! Oh how yummy!!! I'm going to have to try the recipe you shared too, that sounds yummy, I never heard of brown sugar cinn. Ritz. I will pay better attention at the store! I took the closet doors off my daughter's closet when she was little. It as a lot easier and cute!

Leah said...

I just came across your blog and think i'll be back.

We live in San Francisco so are space is limited. My kids share a bedroom and the first thing I did was take the door off of the closet & put up a curtain instead. It made a huge difference with our space.