Monday, January 10, 2011

more 2010 projects and our first day back in school

Looking back at projects from 2010...the boys' room makeover was a good one. Although their room never looks this clean! Oh my dear do we ever need to get in there and organize!!!!


Eating the alphabet! We had a great time reading through Lois Ehlert's book and trying to eat every single fruit and vegetable mentioned. We have not actually finished the book (typical Sara fashion- start strong- then get bored). We may get back to it eventually. You can see some of those posts here, here, here, and here.

(I just noticed I added the carrot photo to the collage twice!!!! How funny- it must mean that carrots are double the nutrients)


The master bedroom is not quite finished either- but we have enjoyed the colorful bedding and the painted dressers. Still pondering the wall color.....

and still dressing myself and my kids as I would decorate a room......

.............................................................

Today is our first official day of school for 2011 (although we are definitely counting the field trips we took with Gramma and Grampa as school!)

Trying to take into practice my revamped to-do lists and put priority on what matters- I determined to make the kids and their schoolwork the focus of the entire morning. I did not stress about having the house in order. I tried to keep my self present with the kids and not multitask. Let me tell you how much better they did! How nice it felt to not have 100 things going on! How right it was.

We are off to a good start (thank You, Lord!)....please help me to be consistent and not lose focus as I am prone to do. Thank You, Lord, for the sweet time we had reading and praying together- even for the enjoyable games we played and history lesson we all could participate in. Please help me, Dear Father, to run the race- looking at the goal- not to get sidetracked with so many things!!!!!!! Our goal is to bring glory to You, to teach our children of You, to reach others for You......thank You for Your patience with me :)

9 comments:

joyfullness said...

oh Sara!! I had forgotten how much i LOVED your room redo!! All those polka dots...simply delish!! I Love your necklace tree too!!
Also..I love that you Love the Lord so much!! Thankyou for your Love for HIM!! Happy day!!
ps..are you guys covered in snow??

Kellie said...

Great Start Sara!

Cori Lynn Berg said...

If I remember correctly.. there are a couple of difficutly foods in that book.. quince?

Makeup By LisaMarie said...

I have to get that book for my little ones!! My youngest is home with me and the other is only morning Kindergarten. Your room is so cool!! Love it!!

Dawn said...

Oh, you are such an inspiration!! I adore your bedding, and all of the polka dots around the dresser - especially the mirror. It just fills me with energy - all that fun!!

sarahssweeties said...

Sounds like a great start to your new year! I agree that making yourself sit with them and refuse to do anything else really makes a huge difference. The dishes are always there waiting for us when we get done. And the laundry, and the trash, and the...

Ruth said...

I loved your posts about eating through the alphabet. So cute. Your bedroom looks great. I love the painted dresser.

I am with you on the whole morning for schooling. It makes the day smoother. I do get sidetracked sometimes but try to stay on task with just school.

Ruth

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Sara,

Can I say I am one thankful mother-in-law! Your post brought grateful tears to my eyes! Thank you for being such a good mother and wife. We love you, pray for you, and are so proud (in a good way) and thankful for you! Keep on!

Discount Kitchen Cabinets said...

I love your home ,the way you decorated it its just great.Your post is so gracious and touching.I hope and wish you have a great year ahead.