Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the last 2010 recap...I promise!!!!



Red velvet- what is up with that flavor? Dave loves it. I think it tastes just like chocolate- but weird- the color throws me off.....speaking of weird color- check out these raspberries that we found at Trader Joe's.............

optical illusion- they didn't taste nearly as good as the red ones.....


More red polka dots.............


fave cakes of 2010! The back to school bus was super fun- the kids made their own 'Nilla Wafer faces.

The watermelon was fun for summer....watermelon-jello flavored cake.


What more can I say about felt? I will just keep my mouth shut and move on.

(p.s. I LOVE FELT!)


Happy color. Happy patterns.


Rocking chair
Patchy painting
Shabby tree
ferm towels

****************************************

Ok- that is it! I promise! No more memory lane. Let's get on with 2011!!!

Dave and I sat down to discuss our goals for this year and he is convincing me to make a calendar- wouldn't that be fun??? We are going to work really hard on that one and try to get them ready so you can have one on your wall for 2012.....Let's hope it goes better than my children's book -- which is still in progress!!!!

15 comments:

Kellie said...

Always good to look back... motivates you for tomorrow! I for one would LOVE a calendar - you know it's not too late for 2011, after all January isn't even half over (yet!).

Amy said...

I would totally buy a Sara's Art House calendar!

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

I love all your bright and colorful projects, Sara! :)

joyfullness said...

Sara..just wanted you to know...my Myles is sitting here with me at the table while i drink my coffee and eat my oatmeal...and i showed him the picture of your kitchen in your last post...and he said..."It's a restaurant....and these are the planets!!" I knew he would love your house!! I showed him your art work on our dining room wall (as for me and my house) and then your picture...so he knows he owner of the planet restaurant now!!! ps...a calendar would be so nice!!!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Ok, first of all you are RIGHT about Red Velvet cake. It's my sister's favorite so I always make it from scratch for her birthday and all it is is chocolate cake with TONS of red food coloring (which is unhealthy). And it tastes just like chocolate!!!! Maybe I will invent the blue velvet cake which will be white cake with blue food coloring:) Next- YES!!! Do the calendar, listen to your hubby!!! I will buy one. Mary Engelbright calendars and homeschool planners are my favorite so I know I would ADORE a Sara Mincy calendar!! (because your style is similiar- but yours would be better because of the Christian content)

Monica said...

ahhh...red velvet cake...there's nothing like it! :)
And I think the calendar is a marvelous idea! Unlike a book, you only need 12-13 drawings! Go, Sara, Go! ;)

Pam said...

For those of you wondering, red velvet cake is just chocolate cake with a lot of red food coloring added to it. I have seen recipes that call for using beets in place of the red food coloring.

Stephanie said...

A calendar is a terrific idea!

I love the rocking chair!

Bethany said...

Would love to see your "calendar creation"!!! :)

Living Creatively said...

Crazy as it may sound, I've never tried red velvet cake. And the raspberries-- can't do it. A rose wouldn't smell as sweet either, you know... ;) Things are just supposed to be a certain color!!-- chocolate is brown, raspberries are red, and Sara's house is a rainbow!
Girl, I have an absolute love affair with your chairs. Love, love those chairs!!
Yes, please do a calendar!!! I was so sad to see that Somerset didn't have any this year. :( I'll need an artsy one for next year!

sarahssweeties said...

Oh my! A calendar! That's a great idea. All kinds of happy!

HallMom said...

Oh!!!! If you make a calendar I am buying it!!!! Please make one. Pretty please with rainbow sprinkles on top!!!

Mark and Tricia said...

We made the watermelon cake for church last spring... it is soooooooo cute and yummy! I can't wait till we make it again!


Jenna

Kristi said...

I want some crazy chairs!! I'm about to redo my studio and I think I might have to use your house as inspiration again. I've got that big ole overstuffed red chair that would be perfect in a funky and fun room. Yippee!!

Natalie said...

A calander sounds awesome!! One with big grids to write everything in! I'd buy one!!!