Tuesday, January 11, 2011

kitchen rearrangement

Mom gave me some patchwork fabric (actually, I think I sort of made you give it to me?!) that I love- I clipped it up as window treatments. Gives the room a different look.


My verses for this year! Psalm 105:1-5.


My new [vintage] globe!


Now you've seen my whole globe collection- all two.


Check out my facebook page to see the colors I am thinking about for the cupboards- and tell me your thoughts. By the way- the Art House's facebook page has been so fun! I have had a few people add pictures of their creative decorating. I would love to see more! Please feel free to post your pictures there too.
------------------------------------------------------------------

A fellow blogger and artist and her family are going on a mission trip this spring. What a great thing to do with your family! She is selling some art to help with the cost. You can see that here.
And here is one of her pieces! I love the patterns.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

it looks good!

Mary said...

Sara you home is so inviting, fun, and full of life.

Grace and peace to you

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Oh oh- your kitchen is ready for summer!!! So bright and cheery! Well, it always is, but for some reason I am seeing more yellows and goldens in these photos- must be those new window treatments:) I need to email you I know-we have all been under the weather but mending. ~Hugs~

sarahssweeties said...

I love it. I've got to make me a chalkboard wall soon!!!

misss_e said...

Love.

sarahssweeties said...

Ok, so I went straightaway and painted a big old spot in my kitchen...on my boring wall! I just did it!!! Now to make it pretty...

gailsgarden said...

I like your patchwork curtain. You can keep it! I also like the new scripture verse wall. We miss you all!

Stephanie said...

Your kitchen is really looking good! Very colorful, inviting, cozy... I just love it!

Living Creatively said...

Looks great! I love that vintage globe. Globes just go so well with your lanterns!
Also, I've been meaning to ask how you keep your kids from erasing your chalkboard stuff?? I have two chalkboard doors-- one for myself to play on and the other for the kids. But my 3-year old erases mine all the time, even if he has to push the stool over to reach the top. Little rascal! I think it's turned into a game! ;)

Anonymous said...

I first met your blog via Just A Girl's blog when she posted a picture of your kitchen... it was LOVE at first sight for me! No joking, I LOVE YOUR kitchen! I ahve a few questions: 1. Where did you get your paper lanterns? 2. Where is your kitchen table from? I like that it is very "classic" in color and design while the rest of your kitchen is so colorful- great balance.
The globe on the stool bu the window... beautiful! I love it!