Monday, January 24, 2011

holly hobbie

There was a huge kids' consignment sale at our fairgrounds last week. Yesterday was half price day. I figured I could go between morning and evening church. I got there and saw the line and knew I had only 45 minutes to shop!!! (it took an hour and a half to stand in line to pay). Can you even imagine looking at a huge, fairground size arena with toys, books, clothes, educational materials, bedding, shoes, accessories, etc. all for pennies and knowing you had only 45 min!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?

It was like one of those prize shopping sprees. I sprinted through shoving people out of my way....(not really)...and to top off the frustration- I had to walk by the pink aisles because only our boys needed clothes.

I got what I needed and a few tiny extras like this Holly Hobbie book for 50 cents.


Why do I love Holly Hobbie- maybe because I have my own live Holly Hobbie doll............

or
Maybe because I would like to have an umbrella like this................


Or because I think I have been there myself.......



....even if it was 25 years ago.

19 comments:

gailsgarden said...

I can't believe it! There is nothing hanging on the wall by your bed. Maybe it was later in life when you were always pounding another nail to hang something on.

Jen said...

too cute! thanks for sharing. i love holly hobby!

Adrienne said...

oh the memories of HH!! ...and pink rollers :)) thanks for the smile

Pam said...

Love. The. Picture. :D

misss_e said...

Aww how cute!

Tracey said...

Oh, I had forgotten all about Holly Hobbie. I remember drawing her over and over. Thanks so much for the memory.

A Prairie Girl in California said...

I LOVE holly hobbie.love her. the crib I slept in as a kid was HH. and now I have started a small collection of her things:)

Kellie said...

I just LOVED Little Miss Holly Hobby when I was young... every little girl has to wear a bonnet at least a dozen times! And real life dolls are so much fun!!!!!

brandi said...

Oh my goodness, I had this book, this exact book. I had the doll and a pocket book that was all patchwork with a little holly hanging out of the front pocket. I forgot about it until now,what a fun memory, makes me want to search Amazon and buy it for my girls. Thanks for sharing :)

knack said...

hee hee! Loved this....love holly hobby...and the photo of you is priceless!

xo

Jara said...

Love it sooooo cute!

Trisha said...

I love Holly Hobbie!!! I had lots of the dolls etc when I was a kid. I now have some of her books. I didn't realize until a couple years ago, that the woman who draws Holly is named Holly Hobbie. She now does the Toot and Puddle books, which I love too.
Oh- I used to wear those pink sponge rollers when I was a kid. :)

Dave Mincy said...

WOW, hon, cute pic...I've never seen that one before...

Stephanie said...

That photo of you is too cute! Great post! I'm a huge Holly Hobbie fan, that book is awesome!

Heather said...

Oh geez somewhere there is a picture of me dressed as Holly Hobbie for Halloween, my costume was actually my huge HH doll's clothes!

Ruth said...

Too cute. I remember loving Holly Hobby when I was younger.

Ruth

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Oh, Sara -- love the picture -- too cute!

Emily said...

I love, love, love Holly Hobbie! Don't you enjoy this book so much! The sleepyhead picture was one of my favorites too!

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

i loved holly hobby as a little girl. fun post.