Thursday, January 20, 2011

hearts, flowers, and resources for the heart


There has been too much of this around here....my poor baby...she is hopefully on the mend.

We decided that painting would cheer us up!


The kids each got their own canvas and I told them to paint a heart. (we used acrylic paint)


Wish I got more photos of their paintings- the rest are mine.....the heart + fabric flower


Decoupage patchy heart (fuzzy photo)


Heart + paper + fabric flower





Speaking of hearts- Revive our Hearts is having a clearance sale. This book looks like a great one. Randy Alcorn is one of my favorite authors.

Mom Mincy told us about this series:
Nancy Leigh DeMoss interviews Josh Harris in 3 parts:
1- Your Children's Friendships
2- Better than television
3- Teaching children discernment
This is great stuff- very convicting and inspiring.

Also, a dear friend of mine told me about a Praying Parent daily calendar. I first heard about the praying parent from Sarah's blog...and a daily reminder would be great! I found used ones on Amazon for a few bucks. And then I saw these!!!! Praying Parent prayer cards!!!

I don't know about you, but I need all the help I can get.

8 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

You're such a fun mom! Wow the memories your kiddos will have!

Jennifer said...

those would be good reminders. I just use my book and see what day it is and then pray for that certain area, but sometimes I forget to look it up

sarahssweeties said...

OH, I love the little prayer cards!!!

Wendy said...

Poor little one. I hope she's feeling much better now.
Painting always makes me feel better, too.
Love all of the heart pictures and the blackboard!

Tracey said...

Hope your little one is better. It is so terrible when they don't feel well. Thank you for the link to the pray cards. I am planning on ordering the cards for me and my daughter. I usually hand write prayers in my day planner, but this would be so much easier.

Little Mama said...

hey, it's kelly from facebook. hope your little one is doing better. it is so hard when they are sick! love the valentine decor!

The Dreaming Bear said...

Ooooh.....poor baby. That's how I felt earlier this week, so I feel her pain!! But you've got the right medicine! Creativity! I love your LOVE wall! So cute!

Ruth said...

I love the hearts and the wall looks great. Thanks for the links to the interview.

Ruth