Thursday, January 27, 2011

gorgeous illustrations


We found this gem at the library. Red Sings from Treetops...a Year in Colors. By Joyce Sidman. Illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski.


I am in loooooove with these illustrations.


The numbers, the colors, the shapes, and textures.......


I want to wear this outfit! Please, Pamela Zagarenski, please start designing clothes!


Wouldn't her line of tights + dresses be adorable?!


Can I live here? Please.

Here is Dave and me. What? You don't think Dave would wear the striped tunic and pants with a checkered scarf and crown? (opposites attract)

Here is a great interview with Pamela with lots of beautiful photos.

***********************************************
Our pastor preached an awesome sermon on Sunday. So convicting and the shot in the arm I needed. You can see it here- the title is: Jonah: More concerned about plants than people.

12 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks so fun! {I like the comment about Dave wearing a tunic! hahaha!}
:)

Shanna said...

Have never seen this book or heard of the author before but it looks like so much fun!!! I need to find a copy for my grandson...thanks for sharing this with us :)

Jill said...

so inspiring- i often pick out books for my boys because i've fallen in love with the great mixed media illustrations- a great place for inspiration. But they must wonder sometimes.... :-)

Stephanie said...

I love children's books :) I am totally smitten by one particular illustrator right now, you've inspired me to share it on my blog... soon.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Your blog has made me smile every day that I have looked at it while in bed. Thank you for being so cheerful and whimsical and silly.

sarahssweeties said...

That looks like a good one! I love books!!

Jenny Stevning said...

So delightful! I want those clothes, too. I want a house like that as well.
What a great discovery!!!

Laura D said...

I just posted a blog about my recent laundry "room" redo. I realised as I posted it that most of my ideas came from you! Thanks for being such an inspiration and for sharing all your wonderful ideas!

Ruth said...

This book looks fabulous. I love the illustrations. Her work is amazing.

Thanks for sharing this great discovery.

Ruth

Jacquelynne said...

I love this too. Even though my youngest is almost 16, I still sit in the children's section at Barnes & Noble and read the books.

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

a book after your own heart :)

Jen B said...

I barely finished reading your post and I went online to the library to reserve this book. These illustrations are incredible, thank you so much for introducing me to my new favorite artist :-)!

{Wonderful interview you linked too, so much eye candy!}