Friday, January 21, 2011

friday nite bliss



The Less is More mantra is not for me..................I have decided that this wall will be a work in progress. I will keep a lookout at thrift stores and each time I find a red + white plate, it will get added to the wall! Or an embroidery hoop- that will get filled with red + white fabric and hop on the wall. ((more is more!))

(I could just strangle that thermostat)

It is fun to have a collection! Now I have 2 collections! The globes and the red + white plates.

Oh and then there is my scarf collection, and now my winter vest collection.............

and don't forget my fabric collection................


This is what I call a happy evening at the Mincy home....pizza, fire, movie, store bought blackberry cobbler in the oven, vanilla ice cream in the freezer..............
happiness.........

And after the pizza, cobbler, and ice cream I did this.


And I wore my new pink Goodwill shoes today!


The verdict is still out on whether the dog is cuter or the shoes are cuter................it is such a close one!

Hope your Friday has been happy.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

That is a really tough one! Both are SO cute! =)

Little Mama said...

So where in your house is the red and white collection? It is super cute!
I was just thinking of a post about my collections. There are a lot, or is that just my Goodwill stash. Whatever!

Catherine Anne said...

I LOVE RED~ Great to stop in. Have a weekend of JOY.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I have heard that you can put a shelf under the thermostat and then lean a picture or plate over it and it doesn't interfere with its function. I know what you mean...our thermostat is so obvious on the largest wall in our living room, so awkward!!!!! Why can't they be in some out-of-the-way spot like in hotels where you can't ever find them?

Ruth said...

I love your red and white plates. I also have a scarf collection and I keep making more. I just can't stop. The shoes are super cute but I think the doggie wins.

Ruth

Simply Beautiful Sundays said...

Okay, I'm not sure I understood, but I think you were saying you did a Leslie Sansone workout video. I had to laugh because I do her "Walk Away The Pounds" video with my 5 year old. Love your blog!

Robin said...

I absolutely ADORE your coffee table!!! Is it decoupaged?

Wendy said...

Less is more ONLY when it comes to stuff I have to pick up off the floor. ;) On the walls or shelves (or in my closet!) I can handle plenty. ;)
Love the red and white wall!

Dog is the cuest dog I've ever seen, and the shoes are the cutest shoes. No competition; they both win.