Wednesday, December 22, 2010

holiday day

Today I am on vacation!!!!!!!!!! The kids are playing the wii (and I am not going to feel guilty about how long :) :) I have set up my station- my little section of the couch is set up with my laptop, phone, york peppermint patties, my sewing stuff, and Sadie.


I am putting in an occasional load of laundry. But other than that- nothing!!!!!!


The tree lights are on. The evergreen candle is smelling up the whole house with the wonderful real tree scent.


I am planning on giving the kids treats when they ask (and not feeling guilty about it!!!!)


Dave is getting pizza for supper and then we are opening our presents. We leave for Dave's parents house towards the end of the week- so tonight is our early Christmas.

I have been struck with how outrageously spoiled we are. In our warm house. Our fridge full of food. The presents under the tree. I deserve none of this. I am so thankful for all I have with Jesus. How incredibly blessed I am, not just with the comforts of home- but most of all with the peace that comes with knowing Jesus. Knowing the One who we are celebrating this season.

I hope to spend some time today writing out goals for the new year. How will I live for the kingdom of God in 2011? I was very convicted and inspired by Dave's message- Lay up Treasure in Heaven in 2011 on Sunday. We have 2 choices everyday- are we going to worship and live for God today? Or are we going to worship ourselves or something else? Listen to the message- you will be inspired to start over fresh in the new year- living for God and choosing to live for His kingdom.

******************
Who is on vacation already? Who is a mom and realizes that you don't get a vacation :) ?

11 comments:

Pam said...

Not on vacation yet, but today is my last day to fill customer orders before Christmas. Got up at 5:45 to start baking, took a brief break for a dentist appointment, and now I am back at it! So thankful for the Lord's provision this year!

Emily and Evan said...

What wonderful sentiment! And a great question to ask daily of who am I to worship- God or things? I like the first answer better! Lovely cozy pictures! I am a mom of 2 littles 2 1/2 and 4 months... no vacations, but every day is truly a blessing and sometimes a lesson in patience!

BlueCastle said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. :) I hope you have a great Christmas.

tacky said...

We are on vacation!!! We are enjoying it! Today, everyone is in a different part of the house or yard doing exactly what they want to do for as long as they want to do it! Yesterday was movie day...love the new Nanny McPhee movie! We are eating sweets and delivering them too. Christmas lights, music, and scented candles here too! Hugs to you all, Kari

Debby said...

This is my third day of vacation and I am loving it, except that I don't get paid, hah.
You do deserve those comforts and this day of doing just what you want. Have a fun tonight as well.
I want to listen to Dave's message. I need some help in my goals for next year.
Safe travels and Happy Merry Christmas.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Good for you!!! Rich came home from work yesterday and said his vacation had officially started!!! So other than some things we are handling for my parents, we are totally vegging out until Friday!!! I'm baking cookies and playing computer games, the kids are sharing the playstation and laptops and Rich is doing...something on his computer. We have three computers going right now:) You are right- we are so spoiled!!!!! God has really blessed us:)

Kellie said...

If you're coming "south" we would love to see you! Have a wonderful day remembering the birth of our Savior!

Kristin said...

Girl, I heard ya! My vacation started this afternoon as I had lunch with my small group. Now my homeschooler is taking her biology test, but after that we are scot free! Tomorrow promises to be a day of read aloud & wii playing & snacks!!
And yes, thankfulness for what the King of Kings gives us each & every single day. He is beyond good to me, he is patient with me and I treasure that!

gailsgarden said...

I sent you a message on Skype Fri PM at 8:30.

artteachergirl said...

Merry Christmas! I am on vacation too, and today my husband started his. We are calling it the Christmas Chill. God is so good to bless us with times to catch up with our families and ourselves.
Your blog makes me smile every time I stop by...the colors and post are so uplifting. Blessed Christmas and New Year to you and your family. Best, Vicki

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

Sounds like a heavenly day! :)