Monday, December 13, 2010

this year's all about the trees + garlands


This is our new to us (free from a friend) almost 9 foot tree (at 9 feet it would not fit, so I put a different, smaller top on top and you can totally tell!!! Ha ha. But even with the tiny top 'o the tree- I love it- it is colorful and happy and whimsical and covered with paper chains, felt and paper circle garlands.








Since we got the big tree for the living room- the little tree can go in the kitchen. More garland....I used Amy Butler paper for the garlands along with Ikea wrapping paper.



This is exactly what the tree looks like when my glasses are off- pretty huh!


We shoved the table over so this area of the kitchen really looks bigger -and cozier.


In case you were wondering- yes, I am still going crazy with felt...here is my first attempt at a toadstool. And my next project- a little felt doll! Can't wait.


In other news: Here is the first (and only) wrapped gift of the season!



Just trying to keep Jesus at the center of everything.
Have a very merry CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!!

I am linking to the Nester's Christmas tour of homes and to Kelly's tour of homes.

Click here for my homepage

Click here to see 2009's tour

21 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Very whimsical, very you, very pretty!

Michelle said...

It's all so beautifully decorated.

Donovan Doins said...

So colorful. I love the felt circle garland.

Debbie said...

WOW! So fun!

Leigh Anne said...

what a fun home, love all the garland on the trees!

Lisa said...

What a fun tree! I love the garland, is that Amy Butler paper!? I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

Phillips Family said...

Such a fun house and fun decor! I bet your kiddos love it!

Amanda said...

Wow! I love everything about your decorations!

Tracey said...

Everything looks so beautiful and happy [that is the adjective I think of when I see your home].

Kellie said...

HAPPY TREES, HAPPY HOME, HAPPY FAMILY!

Dawn said...

Love the color, Sara!
I want to do the mushroom, too!!
If I have time. So much on the to-do list.
Doing the names of Jesus on little wood pieces today.
Giving a set as a gift.

Thanks for showing us your trees and garlands!!!

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

Lots of fun and color as always!
I got some of those birds from Michael's. I can't wait to do something with them.

Stephanie said...

I love the tree in the kitchen with the table pushed over, it looks so pretty!

Kat said...

I adore your tree and all of your super fun and colorful decorations!!! Love it!

The Dreaming Bear said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I love everything!!!

Doda said...

Felt is such fun isn't it. I think I may have to get my felt out again soon. I haven't made anything felt for a while.

Have a lovely holiday time with your family. Thanks for inspiring me with your scripture pictures.
God bless you.

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

Love all the paper ornaments... we need to fill in our tree with things that can't break since Ellie loves to *PLAY* with all the "decka-wayshuns".

p.s. watch your mailbox :)

Sarah Broadus said...

oh! Can we be friends? I am a sarah too and I LOVEEEEE all your color!!

destiny said...

I have read your blog for a long time and it always makes me smile! I just love your fun and colorful style! Your Christmas decorations are beautiful and I love love love the big, bright birds on your tree!
Merry Christmas!
~destiny

Gretchen said...

Oh my gosh, your trees are SO pretty. I love love love love your colorful big tree especially, with the felt and paper garlands. We skipped our wood bead garland this year, because we thought it would be too much temptation for an 18 month old who would think they were toys. This is a teaching year. :) Next year, I'm pulling out all the creative decor!

Where do you get your felt? That looks way better than cheap felt I see at JoAnns.

Griswold Fun said...

Love, love all the colors! And I am ready to go and paint my fireplace!