Tuesday, December 28, 2010

still Christmas at our house


-{December 24}- getting our red & green on, packing the car, traveling to Dave's side of the family for Christmas.


[Christmas Eve] at Dave's parent's.


December 25*- the countdown is over!


It started snowing on Christmas day...very special when you live in the South.



-{December 27}- traveling home....Sadie gets the princess seat- between us on the console.


[December 28]- getting the art room ready for my parents to come. Our Christmas celebrations are not over!!

This helps some with the after Christmas blues- except for that somehow the blues hit me today. I think it is when you try to get the house back to order. When you try to stash the toys and clothes away in places that only hold the old stuff. I can see a huge trip to goodwill in my future with the van full of junk to be donated.

We will keep our tree up a little longer- who has the tree down already?

7 comments:

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

As of yesterday all our decorations are packed and put in the attic!!!! And I'm glad I'm not the only one with those kind of blues. We have too much stuff and not enough room. We too will be doing a Goodwill drop off.

Jenn A said...

I have too much stuff and not enough storage too, but my decorations will stay up until next week when Christmas break is over and the boys go back to school. We had "Christmas 2" last night with my in-laws - something the kids look forward to every year.

tacky said...

This was the first year I contemplated taking down Christmas stuff this week. I don't know what I will end up doing...I'm still in my pjs with another cup of coffee. I want to enjoy the time off school too! Have fun with your parents! We get to go north in a couple weeks!

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

oh yes. we have already collected a box for goodwill and one for a children's consignment sale so i can make some fun money.
the tree stays up until new year's day for us.

Pam said...

We are keeping ours up until mid-January, when my parents come to celebrate. We took it down right after Christmas last year, but my mom mentioned she was sad not to see it...I'm surprising her!

sarahssweeties said...

I love extended holidays! We are doing the same here! Everything is so pretty! I love the pic of you and your hubby in the snow!

Megan Walker said...

Everything you do is so fantastic! I love your felt advent tree! And your hat is adorable - you look so cute!