Saturday, December 18, 2010

gingerbread

Nothing more cozy and delicious than a gingerbread latte. Dave's peppermint hot chocolate was good too- but for some reason I am loving anything gingerbread lately. I am dying to make this gingerbread trifle....................................

you can see the recipe at Family Fun. MMMMMMMMMM

Gingerbread candles are burning at our house, we had gingerbread shaped marshmallows for our hot chocolate the other night. Our little neighbor boy was over and he called them "Singerbread boys." - so cute.

One of these years we will make the whole Christmas gingerbread house thing. I am just not yet recovered from the Halloween gingerbread houses we made in Oct....................

I know I tell you about this every year- but in case you have not seen it, check out the virtual gingerbread house- have fun....your kids will love this.

Who likes gingerbread? Gingerbread lattes? How about that gingerbread shake at Red Robin?!?! Did you make a gingerbread house this year?

10 comments:

Kellie said...

Peppermint mocha... wonderful way to waste 45 minutes while you're waiting for Old Navy to open!!! Gingerbread houses are an absolute FAV tradition in our home! Every year we buy those cheap boxed things from Walmart and have an absolute blast! Even now with one married, one in college and a senior in highschool - it is a fun afternoon. We did use graham crakers once or twice when the kids were little. It's not too late to buy a boxed kit - gauranteed fun!

Debby said...

I found some ginger snaps that were gluten free last week-end. My son and I ate them as the granddaughters decorated sugar cookies. Hey, with a little of their icing they were good.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Bethany said...

Love the classic gingerbread men! They just scream Christmas! =) yummy!

Mary said...

I love gingerbread! I had a gingerbread biscotti, well actually I have had four this past week. I got them for stocking stuffers...sorry family!! :)

So much for eating better!!

Pam said...

I like to make everything from scratch, but I bought a gingerbread house kit this year, and I am saving it for this week.

I do make some delicious, soft ginger cookies...mmm, could go for a warm one right now.

Haven't had the pleasure of a gingerbread beverage...yet...

Jenn A said...

Gingerbread cookies are our very favorite Christmas treat here. It is a Christmas Eve tradition to bake and decorate gingerbread cookies. Then we have lots to enjoy for the rest of the holiday. I've been wanting to try a gingerbread trifle too, but haven't had a reason to make such a large dessert. And gingerbread lattes are great too!

Tracey said...

I love gingerbread. We have been making gingerbread houses since my children were little. I wasn't sure about doing it this year since my youngest is thirteen, but once I had everything set up, here they came. It made for a wonderful afternoon. I have never had a gingerbread latte, will have to give it a try. Have a great weekend.

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

I had a gingerbread latte the other day too!!! It was wonderful, and so relaxing to sip on while I waited for the kids piano lessons to finish~I was all alone... :D

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

I love gingerbread lattes! I'm trying to get the energy to make gingerbread houses too!

joyfullness said...

Gingerbread men have been around our house for the past month...i found a great GFCF recipe and the boys have helped..Sammy LOVES them... also...have gotten the gingerbread latte...mmmmmmmmm!but my favorite is the Cinnamon Dolche Latte..hands down! :0)