Thursday, December 16, 2010

gift idea

My sis in law told me about these Porcelaine markers. I got these from Michaels. You can write on any kind of ceramic. You let it dry for 24 hours, then you bake in the oven. This gives it a permanent finish and also a dishwasher safe finish!


There are so many possibilities!



You could personalize a plate for each person in your family. You could write a favorite verse or quote.


You could have your kids draw pictures.

I LOVE these! I have found stacks of white plates at thrift stores- empty canvas waiting to get personalized.

**************************************
Thanks for the encouragement yesterday! I needed to hear that. I know that we are supposed to be homeschooling for now....I have no idea if we will be homeschooling forever- but for now it is right and things will be better....things always get better. I so appreciate the comments and support from many of you, it was a real encouragement to me :) :)

10 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

I love your plates! Very cool!

Way to go being a home schooler...being a mom and their teacher must be a struggle some days but in the end you will be happy you did!

Marcia said...

Thanks for the great idea. It sounds like something I can do with my kids at school where I teach.

Lauren said...

What a super gift idea! I think a plate for each person in our family would be wonderful! Thanks for the idea....I'm going to Michael's this weekend!

Bethany said...

Those are SOO cool! I really need to get some of those! You're right....the possibilities are endless! =)

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

Very cute! I love your handwriting!

sarahssweeties said...

OH I love this idea! If only I could write like you do....

Anonymous said...

You should sell plates like that! I don't want to see my printing on a plate, but yours is wonderful.

Ruth said...

This is such a cute idea. I am sure they will be gifts to be cherished.

We have finally finished our kitchen remodel. I posted pics on my blog. I have missed visiting and keeping in touch. Hopefully things will slow down now.

Ruth

misss_e said...

Oh this is such an awesome idea! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

BlueCastle said...

I just found those markers at Michael's last week and bought a bunch. I am going to have my kids draw on drinking glasses. :) Now I am kicking myself because I got a bunch of colors but no black and I really, really like your plates!