Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Party


Each year our ladies' group at church has the 'funnest' Christmas party. We decorate individual tables, we bring ornaments to exchange, we eat lots of good food, we bring cookies to exchange. It was a great time together as women, sharing about how Christmas means something special to us, especially as Christians. [it got me to thinking how wonderful it is that so many millions of people celebrate Christmas- and even though many do not celebrate it for the real reason- we know why Christmas is observed- it is all because of JESUS! He is the reason- He is the reason we are alive! We are here to bring Him glory because He made us, loves us, saved us, died for us]

(last year's party)


Lydia's table- love it! So fun and whimsical!



She made all of these cute little felt and candy trees.


her display was edible...........


my table: are you surprised at the felt elements?!


I have never in my life used a white tablecloth....I kinda liked it.


party favors


And no, Alice....it is not a dunce hat..........although, if the shoe (hat) fits..........:)


Lauren and her mom



Marilou and Lydia


Nancy pretending she decorated Alice's table :) (thanks to Nancy for all the work she put into the party- I am so thankful for her and her vision for our ladies' ministry and care for our spiritual growth)


Carmela's table- gorgeous.


I do try to get the worst possible photos of my friends :) Melinda's table won the prize- it was beautiful and...........................


.....also had the best message ever :)

12 comments:

Lauren said...

What a fun time! And beautiful tablescapes! Yours....You always bring out a bit...a lot...of FUN! Love your felt trees!

Jenny Stevning said...

What fun tables!!
Aaahhh...the Greatest Gift.
Can you imagine being able to scoop up THAT Preciousness and holding Him?

Mary said...

Sara, I know you had a wonderful time, laughing, celebrating with hearts and minds that are joined by Jesus.

I of course loved your sassy, colorful table!!

Grace and peace

Jennifer said...

great shots! it was a lot of fun

Kim's Treasures said...

The tables are beautiful!!! Looking forward to finding a new church once we officially know where we are going to live. What a great time you must have had!

Your table was GREAT!!! This is the first year I added turquoise to my deocr instead of ultra traditional. I LOVE IT! It's making me happy!

Have a great day!
Kim

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

What GREAT photos!! I'm sending my Mom over to your blog to check them out:) I loved your white tablecloth and love the fact that it was a new experience for you!!!! Melinda looks like she is getting on to someone- LOL!!! And that photo of Alice is GREAT!!!!!

misss_e said...

All of those tables are really beautiful! Glad you had fun!

Stephanie said...

What a fun time! I love that you all dress up the tables, your's was my favorite ;) But they were all so pretty!

Monica said...

I can't believe you ate Lyd's decorations!!! :) jk...our table actually discussed whether or not they were edible!

thedomesticfringe said...

Looks like a pretty fabulous party! Your table was so cute.
-FringeGirl

sarahssweeties said...

That looks like super fun! I went to an Advent tea where several ladies decorated/hosted a table. Great way to celebrate CHRISTmas!

Jill said...

What a wonderful time!! everyone's table such a joy to see! LOVE yours!- we are truly kindred spirits! :)
Blessings!
Jill