Friday, December 10, 2010

beware: if you eat this you will gain 5 pounds (but it is totally worth it)



peppermint butter toffee. I saw this the other day on The Pioneer Woman's site. I saw it and I had to make it. It is soooooooooooooooooooooo yummy. My family adores it. We call it poffee (peppermint toffee....)


It is our new Christmas favorite......but I may think up excuses to make it all year round- you can put other toppings on instead of the peppermint stick....nuts, butterfinger, sea salt. You know what it tastes like? Almond Roca. Seriously good toffee. You can see the recipe here and the step by step pictures. (The Pioneer Woman can convince you to make anything with her beautiful pictures and running commentary)

Our other most favorite-est Christmas cookies are Holly Wreaths. We have already made them twice this year (!) What? The diet starts again after Christmas.



Melt *4 cups mini marshmallows (or 30 large marshmallows)
*with 1 stick of butter

Add * 1 t. vanilla
* 2 t. green food coloring
mix - then add:
*5 1/2 cups cornflakes

Shape into wreaths (or drop blobs onto wax paper and call them wreaths). Decorate with red cinnamon candies.

I am linking to Edie's cookie exchange party.

9 comments:

Jennifer Doyle said...

YUM! I think I'll definitely be adding these to my list of things to make.

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

I will not make this. But I will wish I would.

Jill said...

one word- YUM! o.k. maybe two words- YUM! YUM!
thanks for sharing!
Blessings!
Jill

Jennifer said...

do not read your blog on an empty stomach!! I am so hungry now!

~ kimberly said...

thanks so much for posting! love this! will be back...

Kim @ Second Time Furniture said...

Both treats look so yummy!

edie said...

yay sara! thanks for joining us and I love both of those recipes. definitely making the peppermint toffee.
love to you dear,
xo,
edie

sarahssweeties said...

I love Christmas yummies! I am looking for some stove top ideas, so thanks. My oven is going out! NOT a good time!

Stephanie said...

We just spent the day making cookies, so this post is not what I wanted to see right now! I think I'm on sugar overload :)