Thursday, November 4, 2010

my little project [I felt I had to tell you...owl always love felt]

my latest obsession! Oh my word! How fun!!! There are so many possibilities. Magnets, tree ornaments, brooches, barrettes....and each little owl has his own personality!


hooooot!


some flowers too....practicing the french knot. Don't look closely!! Ahh- messy. But fun.


And look at these little guys! Awwwww



How about a lampshade covered with owls!?!!


Another flower


The best part- I had to take one of the kids to the dentist today and I had something to do while we were waiting. I am no knitting kind of girl- so it was really fun to find something I could take, stash in my purse, and be productive while waiting.


the strawberry was soo fun.


My eldest got into the fun too! He loves it. I'll show you the football when it gets done.


My felt obsession- I am going a little crazy about it........we'll see how long it lasts- and if everyone and their brother will get one for Christmas....

17 comments:

Lauren said...

OOOOHHHH....I puffy heart felt! So, so cute, S!

Kim's Treasures said...

OH how cute! I love working with felt! I just made a pattern for an owl yesterday! I can't wait to make one! Right now I'm attempting to quilt a mug rug. Yikes my sewing skills need some improvement!

Chrissie Grace said...

I go through a felt phrase every couple of years. I love the owl and strawberry :)

Stephanie said...

Love it! I've made some owls like that too, aren't they so fun and addicting!

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Oh so cute--these little owls make me feel like i am smack dab in the middle of the 70's again :). You should link up!

Jill said...

I know how you are feeling...I'm in a "felt mood" too! and look at all this delightful new inspiration for more felt goodness!
@ inspireco.com in her new *free* online book- "Inspired Ideas"
Happy Creating!
Many Blessings!
Jill

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

oh I love 'em!!! My sister is totally into steampunk these days and owls are her thing!!!!! Very cute!

Kellie said...

Cute! Bethany will LOVE them... probably be her next project! Did you get my emai about painting a mirror? I needed to know what kind of paint to use... see you're having an effect on us (good one!). Can't wait to paint a border around our mirror!

Catherine Anne said...

Im loving owls today!

gailsgarden said...

Cute!

Living Creatively said...

awwww, sooo cute!! Love 'em all!

Jenny Stevning said...

I wanna give that tiny a owl a wee little hug.

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

cute. i need to try felt out. i bet it would be cute on paintings. have a great weekend.

Garth and Becky said...

I SO love these little owl friends...and the strawberry too! Sarah and I will have to try them out.

Brooke said...

I love to felt too!!! I love a craft that keeps my hands busy and costs all of 35 cents! I made lots of Easter ornaments last year to hang on a branch. A trick for your french knots is to make sure the thread is really taught around your needle before you insert the needle into the thread. Then, as you slide the needle through, the "glob" of thread will slide neatly up your needle and make a tight little knot.
Your creations are precious, and I say YES!!! to the owls on the lampshade. :)

sarahssweeties said...

Those are adorable! Great work!

Emily said...

LOVE the felt owls!!