Wednesday, November 17, 2010

l e a v e s

the leaves are gorgeous right now- the yard was looking like we maybe needed to start raking- then we had a rain storm in the night and woke up to a yard full of leaves!


There was even a dandelion found for mommy :)


vibrant

I had this grand idea to take paper and glue outside and make leaf collages and.....


leaf people!


at first the boys scoffed and ran off with the football....


but pretty soon, they too wanted in on the fun. I cannot tell you how happy this made me- crafting on the driveway with my kids in the gorgeous fall air.









We taped the pictures on the wall and the next morning found the leaves all curled up- oops, should have pressed them first!

That poem reminds me of the poem my 2nd grader is learning...you'll love this:

December Leaves
by Kay Starbird

The fallen leaves are cornflakes
That fill the lawn's wide dish.
And night and noon
The wind's a spoon
That stirs them with a swish.

The sky's a silver sifter
A-sifting white and slow,
That gently shakes
On crisp brown flakes
The sugar known as snow.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh! If you want to see some amazing fall leaf pictures- check out my mom's blog! Beautiful.

5 comments:

Susan S. said...

Looks like a lot of fun! And how wonderful to have such beautiful weather that you could do your craft on the driveway. :)

Lauren said...

So beautiful...so VIBRANT! Ours are all old and brown...the poor trees are naked! Our town just put out it's Christmas decor and many houses are following...I'm still on leaves and pumpkins and THANKSGIVING!!!! ;) Oh...and LOVE your felt garland! Can't wait to see it up!

gailsgarden said...

I wish I could be there for the 2nd Fall like I was two years ago! I like the poem. Hugs to all of you!

Jacquelynne said...

Wow the colors are so bright they don't even seem real! Love the kids' artwork- my guess is that they are all super-creative and talented like their mom!

Emily said...

I love, love, love your leaf people! I'm just as bad about picking up leaves as I am seashells, nonstop. Okay, you're going to have to check out Lois Ehlert's book *Leaf Man*. It's at our library. You're going to love it! Thanks so much for sharing the poem, too!