Saturday, October 9, 2010

you are going to love these

It is no surprise how much I love chalk, chalkboards, chalkboard paint, and anything else having to do with chalk.
Just wait until you see what I got!


I am so excited to show and tell about it...it has been the highlight of my week!


Chalk Ink markers!!!!! I got them at Michael's. They are like markers- but it is wet chalk that dries- and can wash right off with a wet cloth!


I had all kinds of fun.. My pack came with the primary colors + white. THAT IS ALL YOU NEED, PEOPLE! You can mix them! Yes! So if you want orange - you color with the red, and then color right on top of that (while it is still wet) with yellow. Here I make light blue for the Be Kind by using the blue and white (rocket science, that was)

(looks like I should use the white chalk marker on my door smudges :)


It is so vibrant on the chalkboard wall!


But wait! There's more!!!!!!!!! It writes beautifully on windows! In fact it even says so on the package- so it is not just my crazy idea. And washes off much easier than when I paint on the windows- but it looks exactly the same as the paint effect. It is really hard to see in this photo- but those are leaves on the window.


Oh I love them. Look how many colors! Just from the primaries. Kindergarten all over again.


And on mirrors! The possibilities are endless.


These chalk markers are so fun. Go to Michaels.com, look for a coupon for 40% off and go get some to try. (the pack of 4 is $12). Then color your whole house and go crazy- because- don't worry-- it washes off :) :)

(nobody paid me to gush about these markers- I just knew you would want to know :)

21 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Those are so cool! We recently went into a model home that had a chalkboard wall in the kitchen...these would be so cool on that...duh, of course!

Martina said...

Lovely, great and so cute! Yes I love them and I love your creations with it. Hope I can get them soon here in switzerland too!
Be blessed

Jenny Stevning said...

What fun! I wanna go get some! Very inspiring. Thank you!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

LOVE!!!! I just finished making my first chalkboard (to sell) and have a couple more in the works. This would be fun to give as a gift with the boards:)
Thanks for sharing!!!

Beth said...

OMG! i WANT some NOW!!!! ;)

Heather said...

if you have a dollar store check there for them, I bought some on vacation in August for $1 a pen and I am kicking myself that I only picked up 4.

Laura D said...

You are right I do love those. SO many possibilities! Thanks for sharing!

Bethany said...

Thanks for sharing! They are so cute & creative &....oh the possibilities!
=)

Lauren said...

Uh oh....guess who else is going to Michael's to buy these AMAZING inventions? I cannot wait to get my hands on these! What absolute FUN!

Garth and Becky said...

Oh yes, I am definitely going to have to try those out. How fun!

Living Creatively said...

You make me smile!!

Love,love this. I had no idea such a thing even existed. Someone invented this with you in mind, I'm sure. :)

You didn't waste any time!! Perfect instant decor!

Jane said...

I just got one of these. I had an order from Amazon that was $24 so to get the free shipping I added one marker just to try it. LOVE!! So excited that you can mix colors. I will be going to Michaels soon too!

Megan said...

I also use them to label the sides of plastic storage tubs. It doesn't rub off easily, yet can be washed off when the contents of the tub change. I love them!

Monica said...

Aren't these awesome?! I have them too and I love them! Magic Eraser is GREAT at getting it off everything too. (Then a paper towel & Windex)

I'm so excited to hear they have them at Michaels. We looked EVERYWHERE when we were in the states last December and couldn't find them. Ended up getting them at Amazon.com. As soon as we get back to the states...Michael's, here I come!!

marcia @Child in Harmony said...

Awesome! I have been wanting to buy some and wondered how good they were! LOVE all your colors in your house!

happy day!

Stephanie said...

I think someone made these especially with you in mind!!!!! How cool!

Sue said...

Love them, Sara. The best thing is, I think I could actually do it! So excited to leave messages for my boys...I'm looking for that coupong RIGHT NOW!

Andy and Ana said...

Wow! Sara, I love those chalks...sounds & looks like so much fun...will be sharing with my homeschooling daughter-in love. Thanks so much. Always a joy visiting your
Art site. Have a fun one, Ana Our Front Porch

sarahssweeties said...

Oh my, love how those look. I bet they are your new favorite thing! I just really wish you could come decorate this house... :)

The Dreaming Bear said...

Holy moly! Why haven't I heard of these!!!??? You know I love me some chalkboard too!!! Oh my goodness...it gives me chills! So cool! Thanks for sharing!

Megan Walker said...

SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the head's up :D