Wednesday, October 27, 2010

more cozy


We made a spot of my art room into a reading corner. The light and blankets make it especially cozy. Plus the low shelving. And there was a pillow.................."BOYS! WHO TOOK THE PILLOW FROM THE READING CORNER?"

OK, I am back- it appears Nobody took it. But usually there is a pillow in that corner.


To me there is nothing cozier than to curl up with a good book.


The rest of the art room looks like this.....so we will just focus on this:



and the clean and organized state of this corner.

Speaking of books! Dave reconnected with an old college friend on facebook and found his wife's blog for me. Read Me a Story is a great site to find good books to read to your kids. I especially like the fun books on art history.

12 comments:

Bethany said...

That does look so cozy! I want a reading corner just like that to curl up under the blankets and get lost in a good book! =)

sarahssweeties said...

I love your corner! It does say cozy, for sure!

Chrissie Grace said...

cozy spot...I think I'll have to do that for Ashton when we redo his room :)

Kristi said...

Ha ha. "Not me!! Not me!!"

I'll admit, though that I'm happy the rest of your art room looks about like my studio. :-)

Emily said...

I'm wild about your reading nook! I love any and all things "cozy." Doesn't that word just sound wonderful ... cozy! Sara, thanks so much for passing along my blog to your friends and followers!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

ooo....I love a new blog...and one about books! All the better! Thanks for sharing! And I love your corner- perfect for the kids to read while you paint and craft:)

Lauren said...

What a nice little cozy niche! It would definitely promote reading in our home!

Living Creatively said...

I love your cozy corner! Such a great idea. Maybe if I set up more "cozy" areas, I'll get calmer children...? Or maybe mine would just wrestle under the blankets. Hm. ;)
I hope you find that pillow! heh.

Messy or not, it's awesome that you have a room to use for art! :)

Sarah said...

How cute and cozy! Love it Sara!
Come check out my blog, I channeled you in my decor yesterday. ;)

Ruth said...

Thanks for sharing another great blog. I love books. We are always reading here. I love your cozy reading corner.

Ruth

Christine @ Origami Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing that blog - I can't wait to take a good look at it. And I love your reading corner! Picture books are so important. We used to have a cozy spot like that; I'll have to get some pillows out and make it all cozy again.

Ellen said...

Hi, Sara! Just letting you know that I've been lurking on your site for quite awhile now. I love your house! I think we've got similiar childhood, funky tastes.