Saturday, October 30, 2010

hot doughnuts and pretty leaves

Raise your hand if you love Krispy Kreme. I am raising both hands. An original hot n-ready doughnut is absolutely wonderful.

Dave had to go out of town on business on Wed, so we drove him to the airport and then stopped at the downtown KK for an impromptu field trip.

We sat by the window and watched in awe as the little 'pillows of goodness' floated by in the hot grease.

Then they go under the icer for an icing bath. Heart attacks on a conveyor belt....


we were mesmerized...


I am sooo thankful that by some miracle I did not cave under the pressure and 'just buy a dozen because it is the cheaper way to go.' One each and we were good. Except that with a hot n' ready it takes about 2 seconds to inhale - then you are left staring at the doughnuts on the conveyor belt.

Then we walked around downtown a bit- crunching in the leaves, eating a hot dog on the street corner (the doughnuts had long worn off)

A beautiful fall day. It was just what we needed. (if you don't count the calories :)

8 comments:

Paige said...

Love your photos! And I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts. We have one in my hometown, but not where I currently live. Miss seeing that HOT sign flashing!

Have a great week!

Tracey said...

We only have a Dunkin' Donut were I live and they are not as good as a Krispy Kreme. It looks like you had a lovely fall day. Blessings to you and your family.

Monica said...

WOW! I thought I'd find homemade donuts when I opened your page - Instead the Krispy Kreme sign flashed in my face! I LOVE Krispy Kreme! Just 2 1/2 more weeks till we're in America and I can have Krispy Kreme!
Love your leaf crunching pictures and all your SHOES! They are so cool!

Morgan said...

Sounds like a perfect day! With the donuts and the walking it sounds like it evened out. :) Our KK closed down and, while it's probably a good thing for me, I'm kind of sad.

juliechall said...

Just had a lovely pumpkin spice doughnut last night...yum

Kim's Treasures said...

I'm raising two hands, too! Oh yum! A couple of years ago, my dad had a ruptured abnominal aortic aneurysm. He had a 30% chance of surviving the surgery, with lots and lots of prayers and a wonderful surgeon, he made it! When he could finally have solid food, I brought him his favorite, 2 Krispie Cremes and a Coke. He was so excited! Of course, now he cannot remember that because he was drugged up but he was THRILLED!

So glad you had a great day!

Kim

knack said...

oh yum! KK sprinkle donuts are the absolute best!

I love your shoes with the leaves....so fun!

xo

Stephanie said...

That does sound like a beautiful day and yummy one too!