Wednesday, October 6, 2010

her winter closet

Just walking through the living room, the mess beckoned me from her floor....that and the heat finally clicking on in the middle of the night...

Time to tackle her room, put away the summer clothes, get out the winter, and organize the toys.

First we lowered the peg rack so she could hang up her collection of purses. What 4 year old needs this many purses?!?


Then we cleared everything out of the closet. Summer clothes were put away- toys sorted into proper bins.


The finished product. We put some nails in the wall to hold her jackets on her level....and I am still trying to get away with no dresser. Tights and leggings in the baskets, pajamas, socks, underwear and t-shirts in the drawers, the rest either hung up or folded on the shelves....I know, you want a photo in 2 weeks to see if she can maintain!


We pulled out the long sleeves...I love the colorful turtle necks (or turtle-heads as she calls them). I never, never want her to grow out of stripes and dots and flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!


I just look at her closet and can see how clearly God provides for us! Almost every single thing is a hand-me-down or a thrift find. We are so spoiled! Thanks to our dear friends who pass down the cute clothes!


The floor is clean for now, in fact let me check......nope, the floor is already a mess again- but she is having fun...


Grab that poncho and hat and go enjoy the fall weather!

That feels good to get done.....now on to the boys' room- wish me luck!!!!!!!!! It is not all hearts and flowers in there.....

Have you done the big wardrobe switch yet?

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just swapped out all of Jackson's clothes today. It felt good to get that done :)

Love your daughter's room :)

busy little bee said...

You did a great job! I packed my girls summer clothes away last month. I love your little ones room, esp the quilt!

Jenn A said...

Here in Minnesota we've had cooler weather a little longer than you. I did the big switch about three weeks ago. I have all boys, so no colorful stripes, dots, and flowers for me. Love yours though!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Great minds think alike:) I spent the day switching out all five of the kids wardrobes and making them try on stuff. Phew!!! Glad it's over- we have lots of stuff to pass to other folks:) We are so very blessed! All of our stuff is hand me downs also or gifts from friends and family. The ONLY things I have to buy for the fall/winter are shoes for all the kids and two pair of jeans for my eldest. And that's it!!! I am loving the no doors on cabinets/closets- you inspired me!!! I've done my kitchen and am considering the kids closets:)

Debby said...

Great job. Her little closet looks great.
I haven't changed out my clothes yet, I really need to.

Living Creatively said...

Wow, that "after" picture is impressive!! And the fact that the closet AND room were clean at the same time. Yes, I'm definitely impressed.
Have I mentioned that my 5th grader has that same striped skirt with the animal print and hot pink? I love it. Want one just like it!

jen said...

I just did my annual fall trip to the Goodwill. I got about $50 worth of clothes that are all Sarah will need for the season. I just need to get a few more pretty tights to go with the skirts and she'll be all set! Now to take the too small and short sleeved stuff out while our new finds are still in the laundry.

Makeup By LisaMarie said...

very cute!!! I need to reorganize my girls room nd put summer clothes away! i love the flowers on the wall so adorable!

paintgurl40 said...

you decorate your home so charming and cozy on a budget...that "kindergarten chic" style is growing on me!

Andy and Ana said...

Charming little girls room.Love the poppies my favorite :) Closet full of rainbows.
Enjoy a creative day, Ana at Our front Porch :)