Monday, October 25, 2010

cozy, fallish, comforting, warm

It's not as if the baked oatmeal looks like much here....


But the warm cozy treat, eaten outside, surrounded by colorful fall trees....


Shared on a quilt with those you love....


took on special meaning and taste...


Except for the child who, "thought it was gross and mushy."

The special moment came to a screeching halt...the birds and violins stopped singing....

.............it was good while it lasted....... :)

Baked oatmeal recipe can be found here-mine is similar but you add a peeled chopped apple, peeled chopped peach, and 1/3 c. frozen blueberries to the final mix before dumping into the baking pan (I think you could add even more fruit for flavor).

Speaking of cozy and comforting!!! Dave just released a new Christmas piano solo- GORGEOUS. Makes me want to get the tree out today!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Lauren said...

YUM-O!

And congrat to Dave and his new cd!

Happy oh happy times!

a prairie girl in california said...

hey! so glad to find your blog!!! I ordered the 'firefighters prayer' from you (like the one Margi got from you) last winter!!!! My brother was totally impressed by it :D thanks!

great blog:) and yes. baked oatmeal is totally a 'fall thing' and a totally comfort food!! mmm.mmm.
Jenn

Jill said...

Looks yummy!! and SO excited for Dave's new C.D.!!
Blessings!
Jill

Tracey said...

I love baked oatmeal, although I am the only one in my home who does.
How wonderful for your husband on his new cd.
Have a great week.

Stephanie said...

You really painted the picture here, I know the feeling all too well... a nice cozy moment and then someone starts complaining, hahaha. Hope you got to enjoy it somewhat :)

The Dreaming Bear said...

Aaahhhh....yes....our family just returned from a trip to the mall. What fun! What joy! NOT.

tacky said...

A beautiful piece! You are right...now I want to pull out...not the tree yet! I could pull out more Chrsitmas music!

That Crazy Family said...

Looks super yummy!

Ann said...

Sara, I was thinking about you in choir practice on Sunday night. We're singing "Gracious Father" at the Dedication Service on November 13th.

And.....I love baked oatmeal!! :-)

Jacqueline said...

I was looking for a recipe like this last week because I had mushy peaches I didn't want eat raw and tons of oatmeal but no flour!!

Suz said...

I love baked oatmeal too! A camp that we go to with our church youth serves up the yummy memories every time we're there... Love it! :)