Tuesday, October 12, 2010

comfort food

lasagna is Dave's absolute favorite. My mom got the recipe from my Gramma and it is a family favorite.

1 pound ground beef, browned
4 cans tomato soup
1 c. chopped onion (I just dump in some onion powder)
2 garlic cloves (I just dump in a little garlic powder...)
1 cup water
4 tsp. vinegar (I dump in a little more)
4 tsp. oregano

1 box lasagna noodles
1 large container cottage cheese
3 or 4 cups shredded mozzarella

Mix the first 7 ingredients together, simmer for half hour. Layer in a 9x13 pan;
1- noodles
2- cottage
3- sauce
4- cheese.
Layer 3 times

Bake for 30 min at 350. let stand 15 min before serving. (this lasagna is messy and does not cut up into perfect squares, but trust me- it is good!)
....................................................................................................
pecan pie. This is the Pioneer Woman's recipe and it is soooooooo good and verrrrrry sweet (just a warning!), and also easier than other pecan pie recipes that I have tried.

chocolate almond frozen mousse. then I saw this on PW's site and really want to try it- looks yummy and so easy

risotto. thank you, thank you, Gretchen!!! I have made this twice already and everyone loves it!!!

3 comments:

Paige said...

These sound so yummy! Thanks for sharing them. Have a great week!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

You make the absolutely BEST lasagna in the world. And now you have me craving it:) I LOVE PW- have you tried her sweet rolls yet? Oh man:) DELISH!!!

Keri said...

Can you repost your pumpkin bread recipe or a link to it?? I made it last fall when you posted it and it was sooo yummy. I have torn apart my kitchen looking for the recipe that I'm sure I wrote down!!!