Saturday, September 11, 2010

so thankful.

1} We had a close call yesterday and it makes life and our children all that more precious. I was sitting by our 3 ft deep pool yesterday. The kids were swimming- our 4 year old was floating around with a plastic floaty. The next thing we knew her head was underwater - she had flipped over the floaty and her legs were kicking in the air. Thanks to the Lord, Dave was walking by the pool and heard our eldest boy yelling her name. She got pulled out and all was fine. I am so thankful to the Lord. So thankful. It really makes you realize how precious life is and how quickly something really awful can happen. Thank You, God, for our kids and for keeping them safe. Thank You, thank You.

2] Dave surprised me with a babysitter and date night on Thursday evening! What a great surprise! We had so much fun. We ate at Ruby Tuesday and I had the most wonderful Watermelon Fizz (club soda, watermelon juice, limes, and mint leaves- mmmmmmmmmmm). Also, chicken fresco and Dave had trout almondine. Yum. Then we went to Pier 1 and TJ Maxx (where Dave bought me the cutest black hat), then to ColdStone Creamery for cake batter ice cream in a waffle bowl. What a sweet night with my sweetie. Thanks, Dave, for the surprise :)



16 comments:

Mindy said...

So relieved your daughter is okay. God is good!

Kristi said...

Wow, glad your daughter is ok. Love that cute little hat!!

lori vliegen said...

as i read your story, i was reminded of Psalm 91....."for He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways"......God is so good!!

so glad you had a fun date with your hubby....hugs to you and your sweet family!! xox, :))))

Jane said...

I got stuck like that once in a floaty. I must have been nine or ten and was in a floaty that was really too small for me. When I dove under I expected it would come off but it didn't. It was terribly scary because the same force that holds you up was holding me down. Fortunately, I was strong enough to swim to the steps and pull myself up, but some 30 years later I still remember how scary that was. So glad your daughter is OK. What a great reminder that life is precious.

Morgan said...

Oh man, we've had a few of those swimming close calls and they are SO scary! Thank you Jesus that your daughter is ok!

Date nights are the best! How sweet of your husband to surprise you with one!

PBL said...

You guys are such a cute couple.
Glad your baby is o.k.

gailsgarden said...

Cute hat, Sara! Wow, do you rate!

We have been thanking God even since we heard about His protection for our adorable granddaughtie. God is Good!

Keri said...

Oh Sara, I know that scared you all! I'm so thankful she's okay.
And - yaaaah for date night - sounds like it was a wonderful one.

Debby said...

I can only imagine how scary that was. Glad your baby is okay and that your husband was so close by.
You two are the cutest couple. Your date night sounds like fun. Glad you were able to do that.

manda said...

I am thanking God your daughter is okay!!!

And I have to say, you and your hubby are SO stinking cute together!! What a great night!!!!!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Ok, first I want to say how CUTE you look in that outfit and how fun you and Dave look all matching in green. LOVE IT!!!!

Next I want to say- SCARY!!!!! I am so glad that your baby girl is ok!!!!!!!!!!!!! It only takes a moment EVEN when you are alert and watching. I know!!!!! So glad everyone is safe!!!!

The Dreaming Bear said...

Sara, so glad to hear your little cutie is okay! What a scare!!!

Jill said...

Oh my!! so thankful things turned out o.k.- how scary!!
LOOOOVE your darling hat!- what a sweet husband!
Blessings!
Jill

HallMom said...

Glad everything is okay!!! Looks like you had a fun date!

joyfullness said...

Sara!! I am sure it felt like everything was going in slow motion... I Praise our Lord for HIS protection and Peace over your sweet family!

ALSO... YOU SO WEAR HATS!!!
(have you seen the Target commercial..??..so fun..is that a dear i see in your living room??)
:)
I am goiong to SO WEAR HATS this year too.. Thanks for making it officially COOL! You rock!

Megan Walker said...

Oh, thank the Lord, Sara! I'm so grateful your little sweetie pie is all right xoxoxo

And what a fun date :)