Monday, September 27, 2010

kitchen and living room decor

We started out with baskets in the kitchen, then the paper lanterns, then the patch garland, then nothing, and now they are back in rainbow order. I am so happy. My kitchen is happy.


The view into the kitchen is back to what it rightfully should be.


Round, Rainbow-Bright balls of happiness...


Even the laundry piled down there in the corner is happier.




The living room looks bigger now that the balls have moved out.


Dave: he matched the decor so perfectly :)


One white ball managed to stay in the living room...quite happy despite......


The party going on in here.


New library books join the good times in the kitchen. Ready to cheer us up on this new school week.

**FYI- the paper lanterns are from Big Lots, Old Navy, and World Market. You can always get them at World Market in every size, color, and design. I do not use the light bulbs in them, and I just hang them from string or fishing line attached to a cup hook in the ceiling.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Blast from the past...how our house looked with the baskets....circa 2007...

and back even further???

When we first moved in- the moving truck is still in the driveway- October 2006

16 comments:

sarahssweeties said...

Oh my goodness! I love, love, love it!!!! You inspire me!

Shanna said...

Your house looks like such a happy, warm place to live! It makes me smile to look at the photos and all the love you've put into it.

Bethany said...

The paper lanterns are adorable!!!!! Now I want to get some to decorate with!! =)

Debby said...

I just love your house. Whast a comparison from the white walls when you moved in. The color is just happy.

Montgomery Family said...

For SOME reason, looking at these pictures has this song stuck in my head..."The rainbow's in the sky to show God's promises are true...the rainbow's in the sky to show the world...He's the only Way...for the world today." You home is such a beautiful expression of your creativity, and it points people to Jesus! Love it!! (And sorry if I posted this twice. I don't think it went through the first time.)

mysteryhistorymom said...

You have taken my breath away. Can I come and live at your house? Please? Lori

Mary said...

I get a jolt of joy every time I visit you. I love all the energy, color, life in your home!!

Blessings!

Jill said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! what a happy house!! I can't wait until I can nest again...sigh...
Happy Monday!
Blessings!
Jill

Chrissie Grace said...

Very fun. I love the lanterns!!
xo
Chrissie

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

Your house was so sad before the Mincys moved in! Now it's rainbow happy. :)

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

And this is why I love your blog! :)

The Dreaming Bear said...

Gorgeous!!! The lanterns are soooo cool!!! Love every little bit of it!!

Maureen said...

The rainbow lanterns are much more cheerful than the baskets. I love all the color!

Gretchen said...

I AM SUCH A FAN OF THE RAINBOW ORDER!!

That needed to all be in caps.

meg duerksen said...

i love the lanterns!!!

kellycmom said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your blog. If i could have my house decorated any way, it would be as yours is. It makes my heart happy and it just screams joy, thank you for the inspiration :)