Monday, September 13, 2010

it could be that he is pulling my leg

Remember how I told you my son (magic ears) sees images or colors in his head for the days of the week, months of the year, numbers, etc.

This is what he told me today:

In my mind,
I see morning as a bright sun filled room
I see lunch as a red room with white polka dots
I see afternoon quiet time as a gray bathroom with gray stalls
I see suppertime as a blue room with all of us together.

I do realize that this could be a ruse to get mom all excited, but hey, even if it is, I like his thought processes to make it all up...and it all makes sense- he would (as my social child) view quiet time as gray and cold because he is alone. And the polka dot thing- that makes perfect sense- I would think that my kids will either grow up to despise them or embrace them. But either way- there is no escaping the polka dots :)


Speaking of polka dots- look what my friend Marilou did in her yard! She is a self-professed non-artistic painter- but look how cute her polka dotted wind mill is! (she used the eraser end of a pencil for the dots) and ...........

She painted this cute little bench. She is brave and just decided to paint and look how cute it turned out- she is an inspiration. And check this out.....................


Guess what is hidden in the cabinets? Her washer and dryer! How cute is that?? Don't you love the paint colors too? The orange is called Aztec Brick byBehr.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

your son has quite the creative imagination even if he was making that up!

My mom wallpapered my bedroom in purple poppies and purple polka dots when I was a little girl and it stayed that way through high school. I hated those purple poppies and purple polka dots after a while with a passion! But then I became a florist... LOVE poppies and now I love sewing... polka dots are a MUST HAVE in fabrics. So it certainly didn't impact me that much :)

Kim's Treasures said...

I love your friends painting projects! I have a feeling your son is not pulling your leg.

Laura D said...

Love that windmill! Wouldn't mind having something like that in my backyard. I think I would sit and stare at it and smile! = )

Monica said...

a grey bathroom with grey stalls...too funny!

gailsgarden said...

I LOVE her windmill! I have been wishing for one for a long time, as well as an old water pump. I also love the colors in her laundry room! You have a little girl who could stand around and look cute there!

Keri said...

Love the windmill and the hidden washer and dryer - that is too cool!

Patricia said...

I am saving the picture of your friends washer and dryer for future reference. I don't know how long the bifold doors hiding my laundry area will last, and the cabinet look would be a nice way to hide them since the door we use opens right to them. I love your blog, Sara, and all your wonderful art work. Have a good day! Patty

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

If your son REALLY sees things as certain colors, that is a VERY rare and NEAT-O condition called synesthesia. I wish I had it:) My Dad has a piano student who "hears" music notes in a certain color. I LOVE Marilou's house- I know she is always saying she isn't an artist but she totally IS:)

nakcus said...

My daughter also has colors for letters, numbers, days of the week, people--just about anything. It actually has a name-SYNESTHESIA. It's fascinating and very creative. I love to hear the descriptions. Enjoy the ride.