Thursday, September 9, 2010

inspiration at the science museum

Check out the yummy snacks. You can have Crick-ettes or larvets..... they also had chocolate covered insects. The kids did not want to try any :(

The kids loved playing with the tree blocks. Then I saw that Sarah had made some for her kids! We are inspired and I can't wait to make our own! The kids can help too and sand the edges.


Lots of pretty things to see and learn about....again I have to thank God for His awesome artistry- if you think this is good- wait 'til we see heaven!

::::::::::::::::::::::

In the food news: we had this last night and it was soooo comforting. It was definitely chicken noodle soup for my soul....I finally have the perfect recipe in case you get sick (I can't wait til you get sick so I can bring you some :) Just kidding! I hope you don't get sick- but this would make you better!

8 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, that soup looks so yummy and nourishing!!!

sara's art house said...

are the comments being weird again? It seems when people leave a comment they have to leave it twice??

Montgomery Family said...

I can't wait to make that soup!!! Yum! I love how your creativity comes out in so many ways--your home, your teaching, your cooking.

Jennifer said...

If I get sick I still want chicken and dumplings!!!!! (totally perfect comfort food)

Jana said...

Sara,
I loved catching up on your posts. Your kids are getting so big. I loved the cabinet you did. Adorable! I have a question about painting furniture...I have painted a few pieces but they seem to get sticky if I place anything on them. Do you spray your furniture with anything when your paint dries???

Stephanie said...

I was hoping someone tasted the chocolate covered bugs, haha, curious what they taste like.

Looks like a great day well spent!

Gretchen said...

So funny that you posted the Crickettes and Larvettes! I am going to Jungle Jim's today -- which is this HUGE HUGE HUGE grocery store in Cincinnati (has it's own little airport where it flies in stuff from around the world), and they have a bug section. Lick-it Cricket anyone? (lollipop). They also have whole heads of animals (pig head anyone?) a huge isle of bulk bins (my fave), an England section with a lifesize reproduction of Sherwood Forest, and basically every kind of food or drink you could imagine for sale. I am very excited.

Monica said...

So I take it you're not taking the kids back for BugFest this weekend? ;)