Monday, August 9, 2010

trees

Cathy Nichols is my new favorite artist. I want a tree just like this one in my house. What is it about trees with colorful leaves? Gorgeous!

more of Cathy's work


another beautiful tree. You can see her etsy shop here.

******************************
And then look what I saw on the Brown Eyed Fox---LOVE this tree! Oh wow- where can I paint a tree like this in my house?!?!?


Ok, OK, if you insist..........I will show you some of my trees too. You are really pulling my arm tho. You know how I don't like to show you pictures of my house.................

There always seem to be branches or trees of some sort on my mantle.


and branches on the wall...with leaves.


more leaves- newspaper leaves


chalk branches


I like to paint trees too


and little birds with polka dots



These next few photos are the trees I painted in our church bathroom...





and these kinds of trees- inspired by this....


my tree shirt

Thanks for indulging me and looking at my trees, leaves, and branches as well as Cathy's gorgeous art and Carissa's awesome tree.

19 comments:

Chrissie Grace said...

I love this post! I heart trees too and I can't wait to see more of Cathy's art :)
xo

Debby said...

Oh I love the trees......my favorite is the lantern covering the light switch. I love the verse the tree and it all. You are sooosoo creative and colorful.

misss_e said...

I really love those trees. The tee is to die for! I never knew that trees were so awesome! Im going to steal your branch idea!

Lauren said...

Your bathroom tree art is aMaZiNg! I love the scripture and all of your creative touches! Like I have said before...You inspire me!

gailsgarden said...

I like your trees best. That's an unbiased opinion! Your MOM

Kristi said...

Love them all!! I'm about to go check out Cathy' etsy shop. I've got the urge to make a tree quilt now! :-)

Tammy said...

Wow, what beautiful trees!

You can always indulge us with pictures of your creative work and your house.

Adrienne said...

i so love your art!!! cute little apple on the side bar... perfect for 'back to school' time!

Miss G said...

what a great church bathroom! I also like the words to the hymn and the t-shirt. :) Kelly

Laurie Miller said...

Hi Sara - Just found your site. Love your trees - Love your art - I'm sure I will visit again. So full of inspiration and wonderful visuals!

lori vliegen said...

woo hoo for trees!!! your house just ooozes with inspiration!!!! xox, :))

Doda said...

Wow ! Those trees in the church bathroom are wonderful! I bet people go there even when they don't really need just to see that! ;-)

Gina Lee Kim said...

I Sara! I miss visiting here so very much. Wow...trees are in the air (um....correction: growing all around).

You take 1 inspiration and amplify it to the next level. That's why we love you Sara.

p.s. I *heart* Cathy Nichols. I own 2 of her prints and a calendar. She is special!

Stephanie said...

Trees are wonderful! Love all the photos, thanks for sharing :)

Jen said...

I love trees, too. I haven't been to your blog before, but I love the collage of papers you have on your walls. Such a neat and artsy idea!

Priscilla said...

Sara, you are such an inspiration to me. I want to go out and paint and change the world but *sigh* I don't know if I have the talent:) Anyway, I LOVE the way that you put everything together & I love your trees. I really would like to paint scripture on the walls like you did in your church bathrooms & nursery. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

Laura D said...

Tree inspiration must be in the air. I just finished my first painting of a tree, complete with an owl, this weekend. As always doesn't compare with your beauties, but I'm working on it. I'll have to post it to the blog sometime.

Gretchen said...

Looooove the trees. I'm afraid people will tag me as a "tree hugger" because I love them so.

I'm getting ready to make a apple tree applique onesie for Sus this fall. If I can get my regular stuff done, that is. :)

meg duerksen said...

this whole post is beautiful. i love all of it!