Tuesday, August 10, 2010

paper doll makeovers

My Mom had saved all of my paper dolls. I just remembered that they were stashed in our attic. So when the boys went to practice ball outside the other night- my 4 year old {real-life doll} and I got out the paper dolls. What good memories they brought back. Hours and hours I had played with these little dolls.

The above picture is Rag Doll BEFORE

We decided their wardrobe needed an update....are you ready for her transformation?..



AFTER



Rebecca BEFORE


AFTER


AFTER #2


Katie BEFORE


Katie AFTER



Carrie BEFORE


AFTER


Little Sister BEFORE


Little Sister AFTER


We did not even try to update Prince Charles' wardrobe- my daughter made sure he was always dressed so that we did not see his 'boxing' shorts as she called them.

"And, Mommy, why is there a man paper doll? They are called paper dolls, not paper men"

Cast your vote for best transformation
1. Rag Doll
2. Rebecca #1
3. Rebecca #2
4. Katie
5. Carrie
6. Little Sister

22 comments:

gailsgarden said...

I rmemeber Charles and the Ginghams, but not the others. What happened to Diana? Well...you know.

Jenn A said...

How cute! What a fun mother/daughter girl time! My sisters and I loved playing with paper dolls. My favorite transformation is Rebecca #1 followed closely by Rebecca #2. Does your daughter want you to make her some clothes to match the dolls? =)

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

How fun. I really like Rebecca#1. Great transformations.

Jacqueline said...

Oh I lOVE paper dolls! I like Carrie's makeover the best :)

Priscilla said...

My favorites are Rebecca #1 and next Rebecca #2. They are precious - of course, I am not prejudiced with the name AT ALL!

Julie Durocher said...

I love Rebecca #1...very cute! My grandma used to have hundreds of paper dolls and made paper furniture and rooms for them from department store catalogs. Good memories. My girls have never played with paper dolls not sure they even know they exist...that's kind of sad, huh?

Bethany said...

Awww...this reminded me of my paper doll set! Good times! =)
I liked Carrie's makeover #1 the best!

Jill said...

so cute! Rebecca #1 hands down!

Heidi said...

Rebecca no. 1 for sure!

Laura D said...

I'd say Rebecca #1.

Jara said...

Rag doll!!! How fun!!!

Tracey said...

I loved to play with paper dolls!
I vote for Rebecca #2.

H-Mama said...

How sweet! Our girls love paper dolls as well. Your daughter's comment is too cute. :)

Lauren said...

Okay, this is just pure fun! My girls and I would LOVE to create like this! I love the Rag Doll #1 and Rebecca's #1 after. And I'm cracking up at Prince Charles! Ha!

The Dreaming Bear said...

Hey Sara! Cute dolls! I love Rebecca, because she looks like my little daughter when she was little!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Oh my goodness!!! I played with those!!!!!!!!!! I had forgotten all about them!! Thanks for the memories....I am just sitting here remembering the dear friends who ownded them and wondering where they are today. Wow- that took me back:) I love ALL your new outfits. And the "man doll" needs jazzy jams and a cool tshirt and sunglasses. :)

Gretchen said...

Rebecca #1 -- looks like something your little doll would wear! ;)

I totally had those Ginghams. I think it was a coloring book, though.

Gretchen said...

BTW -- sooooo jealous you won that fabric!! :)

Laura D said...

I agree with Gretchen...very jelaous! However, I can't wait to see what cute things you will create!

Trisha said...

I love Rebecca #1- love those striped tights! I have some of those paperdolls somewhere- been saving them for who knows what! :)

Ruth said...

I remember playing with paper dolls similar to yours. Unfortunately, we didn't save them.

I like Katie's transformation best.

Ruth

Stephanie said...

I like little Sister's transformation, I mean you were working with a hot dog on a stick, LOL. I still have my paper dolls too.