Tuesday, August 24, 2010

lunchbreak thoughts

Here we are on our second day of homeschool- the rain has come along with a few grumbles and difficult lessons. God knows. He cares! He has encouraged me in so many ways. Specifically with this post on the Girl talk blog....also with this verse:

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
________________________________________________


And with many verses on being thankful. For every worry there is something to be thankful for...for example;

I am worried the kids will not learn everything they need to!
**instead** I am thankful for what they are learning

I am worried that the house will never ever be clean again!
**instead** I am thankful for what is clean and how the kids are learning to help clean up and to be helpful

Hope your Tuesday is going well.....
...back to school...and look! The sun is coming out! :)

(sorry the blog has been all about school- I do have a few paintings to show you and some other fun projects coming up)

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Thanks for the reminder, I am such a worrier. I often have to remind myself to stop worrying and be greatful for what I have. Have a great afternoon at school. :)

Lisa, motyok said...

And enjoy your time with them while they are little. I just took two of mine back to college. Just one more year left to homeschool. No regrets after 15 years of schooling...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy what comes your way ... like... when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. You do that all the time anyway. Enjoy your kids! My oldest turned 15 this week; he's in 10th grade. I only have 3 years left with him. Enjoy and remember what's really important - filling them with God. We homeschool, too, and I'm so glad.