Saturday, August 21, 2010

the kitchen window

I had seen someone glue tissue paper on their window with washable school glue- this seemed like a good window to try



Easy enough- pretty with the sun shining through...



too bad I hated it....but it came off so easily! Just rub with a wet cloth and it comes right off.



There. All better. The tissue paper window is a good idea- but it really has to be a window that you don't want to look out of. I didn't realize how much I loved looking at the neighbor's bamboo stalks.

6 comments:

Laura D said...

I really like the updated fabrics on your curtains. So bright and fun!

Debby said...

It so fun that you tried it. You must have so much fun with all your colors.

gailsgarden said...

I didn't care for it either and isn't it amazing that when you took the tissue off the window, the sink cleaned itself up? I am sure there could be a time and place for it.

Becky K. said...

How do you hang your pieces of fabric? On a piece of wire that is attached to the top of the window molding? I am going to try this on my back door. Thanks for all your colorful ideas!

Stephanie said...

I love the new fabric choices! The tissue paper looked pretty, but I'd want to see out too. At least you tried it!

four&twenty said...

I absolutely LOVE the way you used fabric swatches as a valance. So simple, so lovely, so happy!! Just found your blog (I think through Heart of the Matter) and I need to carve out some serious time to check back and linger a while!