Thursday, August 12, 2010

date nite (plus dressing like I decorate pt.2)

{last Saturday evening} ...We went to the Outback first- where we were overloaded with starch- really yummy starch. I didn't realize it when I ordered. I got steak & a baked potato- but we always get the cheese fries too. So many potatoes! But So good! Please don't tell me that you have never had the cheese fries from the Outback. And you have to ask for them layered- that way they put the cheese (real cheese, not sauce) all over and in between as well as the bacon (real bacon, not bits).

Then we went to a little coffee shop for coffee and lemon bars.

Here is a photo for my hairdresser- thanks, Renee! When she doesn't cut off too much- but just enough- I am a happy customer! And I find that it is usually that I cannot articulate exactly what I want done to my hair- so this time she was able to wade through all of my descriptions and figure out what I really wanted.



Then we went to TJ Maxx and visited the lamps. I hope that someday they will come and live at my house.


Orange or green? How about both??


Patchwork + black - works for me, works for my walls

12 comments:

gailsgarden said...

Never had cheese fries at Outback! You had COFFEE??? You are sounding like your cousins! Did you read Kari today?

Keri said...

Hooray for date nights. Hmmmm, speaking of, I could use one of those about now :)

Brooke said...

It will be a crime if you don't go get that green lamp. Can't you paint some polka dots on there?? It's too cute to pass up!!

thedomesticfringe said...

You look adorable! Haven't had Outback in years...need to go. SOON!

Super cute lamps.
-FringeGirl

Jill said...

ADORABLE!!! LOVE your "patchwork" top...and new haircut! and now I'm hungry too!...must be all that yummy talk from your date night!:)
Blessings!
Jill

Trisha said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable evening. I think the kindergarten chic decor looks great as clothing too. :) Hope you have a great weekend.

Montgomery Family said...

Cute outfit and love the hair! That's the perfect "camo" outfit to wear. You could sit in your kitchen and read a book, and your kiddos wouldn't be able to find you! haha

misss_e said...

Ahhh yes. Those lamps. To die for! your hair is cute too!

Living Creatively said...

Wow, those cheese fries sound great! (artery-clogging goodness)

The lamp looks great. I vote green!

And your clothes are as cute as your home! I'm having a yard sale this weekend, and kept wanting to set things aside that would go just perfectly in your house! Like black and white candlesticks, with polka dots at the top. Just "so Sara!"

Stephanie said...

You are just too cute Sara! Love your clothing, and how it matches your house. Mmmm, outback, now I want to go!

joyce:waddleeahchaa.com said...

I stopped over from HOTM and your home decro made me smile. It is so bold, brave and cheery. I love it! The patch work wall is very innovative and I'm not sure but it looks like you have a Cargo couch done up too clever. Thanks for the pictures and home tour. :)

Megan Walker said...

I love both the green and the orange lamps, and I especially love how you dress like your walls (and vice versa!) because you're both absolutely ADORABLE :)

xoxo