Monday, August 30, 2010

back to nature

Saturday Dave had a meeting, so missing him we set off on several errands and directions to a state park.

We went to the homeschool store to get a math book, picked up our fast food picnic lunch and set off to find the park.
What a treasure this park was. The trees were so gorgeously green....



The leaves beautiful. The sun so nicely streaming through the branches, but not too hot.


The creek! A prize for the boys, hiding at the end of the windy path.


The water tasted better...



The air was fresher.



The little splashes of red and orange, a treat!


****************
We soaked it all in and then out into the battle; Wal-Mart for groceries on a Saturday afternoon!! Crazy...now I remember why we go on weekdays if possible.

**The photos were taken on my iPhone with a free polarize app. Makes the colors pop like magic.

7 comments:

Chrissie Grace said...

So pretty. Makes me excited for Fall!:)

Kim's Treasures said...

A little nature does a mind and body good!

Walmart on the weekends is no fun! I try to keep it for the weekdays too!

Lauren said...

What a boost for the soul! Nature...so relaxing and divine! I LOVE the fact that we live in a little woods! Still amazing after 11 years! And...recently we went with my parents to a state park that my dad frequented with his family when he was a child. He told us about a HUGE waterfall and how excited he was to see it again. Ummm...it was like the size of my leg. Guess Dad remembered it being a lot larger? Huh?

Living Creatively said...

Nature is perfect for the soul. :-D Love the colors, the sounds, the treasures all around.
Great pictures. Sounds lovely!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a fun day, love the photos!

Keri said...

My favorite days are spent in the woods. Beautiful pictures.

Megan Walker said...

What an *AWESOME* adventure - and I *LOVED* your iPhone photos! Just beautiful! :)