Monday, July 26, 2010

our monday

Our 8 year old left today for camp! He will be gone a week. I am so excited for him. When I was a kid, there were 3 highlights of each year; my birthday, Christmas, and camp.... And now-- to see my oldest go off on his own like that! Wow- it is a milestone.

This morning we wrote letters to him, went to the post office, and then to drown our sorrows in snow cones :)
Which flavor? One of us got orange, one of us got pineapple (me) and my second son (who will not be leaving me for camp for 2 more years) got grape-bubble gum-blue raspberry.

So perfect for a hot Monday!


the watermelon was gorgeous


The ice cream was colorful


mmmm, these colors would work nicely at my house :)


pineapple was a good choice.


enjoying the grubble-berry flavor

4 comments:

DJ said...

Ohhh...another milestone, Mom...all will be well. He will miss you and return soon...

Lauren said...

Yum-o snow cones! And my daughter went to her very first camp earlier this summer (only day camp) and it has been the highlight of her summer! As you eat your snow cone....know that your baby is having a ball! I would have to have a daily snow cone! Ha!

Staci Danford said...

Man I'd LOVE a snow cone... and I secretly wish for those days back again when my "not so" little girl was going to camp. Now all she is talking about is going to college in a year. YUCK on that.
Staci

Stephanie said...

I have not had a snow cone in years! Now I really want one, grape please :)