Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Note to self: NEVER let the kids take a picture of you until either a) they are taller than you or b) you lose the double chin



These pictures just make me laugh. I thought Dave and I looked so cute in our stripes the other day (pride goes before the fall), that I had one of the kids take some pictures. I am blaming it all on the angle. But Dave sure does look cute :) :)

***********

We have had these 2 meals in the last few days and YUM- good and easy:

Slow cooker enchiladas

Slow cooker coconut red beans and rice

And, thanks Pam! This blog will blow you away with the creativity involved- wow. Truly inspirational.

8 comments:

Pam said...

Um, yeah, I have a bunch of those double-chin-taken-by-the-kids photos of me too!

Glad you liked that website. I immediately thought of you, and even imagined you making some of the things with your kids. :D

joeandkris513 said...

The Made by Joel blog is amazing. Thanks for the link.

DJ said...

Darling, it's almost eleven o'clock here on the east coast. If you're going to post scrumptious recipes, please wait until I can do something about the hunger pangs.
As it is, I'm going to be dreaming about Mexican dishes all night. I can hear it now: my DH will ask why I was yelling "Ole!" in my sleep...:-)

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

You and your hubby look so happy together!! I'm also going to have to try the enchilada recipe!

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

What happens when the person taking the picture is taller than you and it's still not flattering?
Mr.Wonderful took a picture of me yesterday and I just said, "I cannot share this."

I am looking forward to trying those slower cooker recipes. I am breaking out my crock pot for the first time in my 7 years of marriage.

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Make your kids stand on the counter when taking photos. Works for me everytime:)

Rich will bring you some granola tonight to church:)

Monica said...

I love the second pic...you look so happy!

The Dreaming Bear said...

Awww...you both look so cute together!!! Also, thanks for the slow cooker recipes....they sound wonderful...and anything in a slow cooker is good stuff!