Thursday, July 22, 2010

before and afters

You already saw this- but I will force you to look again. My "new" green dresser.


And-- our new blue dresser! This is another dresser from childhood. It now belongs to Dave and his clothes. This time I used the gloss Krylon spray paint and did not like it as much as the Satin finish. So I sanded it down to take off the shine.

That chair needed just a little color too........



Spray Paint

by Sara Gail Mincy

Spray paint is fun
it's cheap
and it's pretty

Spray paint comes in a can
-can be shiny
.......or flat

Spray paint makes your life beautiful
whether you live in the country....
or the city

My first poem ever- I feel it needs just a little work still? :)

Lots of love,

me & my paint

11 comments:

Heather said...

Wow I LOVE both those dressers! I am in search of old furniture to refinish myself, its so fun. I did my first distressed painted furniture this month and now I need to go to garage sales to get more!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are too funny! Too many paint fumes? Just kidding! Everything looks great.

Monica said...

You are so fun! I can't WAIT to move back to America where I can find Krylon spray paint in MANY colors, and cheap furniture pieces to paint with it! I LOVE spray paint too!

(We currently live in Italy, but are moving back in November!)

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

I love your poem:) And THANK YOU for telling your readers about Krylon Spray Paint- I am hooked!!!! I want to paint lots more- what else can I paint in my house?!!:)

Lauren said...

So cute...the dressers and your poem!

rachel awes said...

i love your green dresser!!!!

gailsgarden said...

Hey! If you still have the drawer pulls from the blue chest, we would like them! :) I like the green best. MOM

Staci Danford said...

Well a big AMEN sister to you.. Man I love spray paint... and WOW WEE what a wonderful transformation it did to those dressers.. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.
Staci

Elizabeth a.k.a Liz said...

Wow! I need to supply myself with spray paint! I have SOOO many unfinshed projects that I need to do around my house. It's driving my husband nuts because its taking over the garage!

Awesome ideas and I love your decor!!

Keri said...

Your blog never fails to put a smile on my face. I've missed it so during this "busy" season of mine. I love the before and afters, your first poem, and your contagious happiness :)

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

LOVE the new colors!!! and your poem!