Wednesday, July 7, 2010

avocado green is BACK

Can I even count how many times I have taken a picture of my .99 cent polka dot plates from Target?! Everything looks good on them. the fruit pizza was really, really good- especially after it had been in the fridge for a tiny bit.



We couldn't find raspberries- but the strawberries were a good substitute....mine is not nearly as cute as Kristen's...food doesn't cooperate quite as much as paint. I had to draw a star in the cream cheese mixture first.

"New" green plates from the thrift store! I love these cheap old plates! I feel like I am eating at Gramma's house again.

Oh! You have to try the curry chicken pitas that we had last night. Really good and PERFECT for a day when you are in the pool with the kids and when you get out it is past supper time and you are all really hungry (as long as you have the chicken cooked up already) you are good!

Curried Chicken Pitas
1/2 c. mayo (Darlin', I was trying to keep that from you...did you know I snuck mayo in there?!)
1 TBSP. honey
1 tsp. curry powder
2 c. cubed cooked chicken
1 cup halved green grapes (we didn't have any)
1/2 c. chopped pecans
4 green onions, chopped (we didn't have any...it tasted good anyway)
4 pita breads, halved
8 lettuce leaves

combine first 3 ingr. Stir in chicken, grapes, nuts, onion. Line pitas with lettuce; spoon 1/2 c. chicken mixture into each.
(this recipe is thanks to Marilou Robinson of Portland, Oregon...I saw it in my Quick Cooking magazine)
So take those few extra minutes you saved in the kitchen to swim (crawl) a few laps around the kiddie pool :)

After my post yesterday, I got a few comments directing me to other posts about the same subject! Very interesting!!!!

See Emily's post here.

Another post here.

(I am not alone in my craziness :) What was funny is that in the 85 comments that Emily got, half of the people could totally relate, and half had no idea where she was coming from) just another evidence of God's genius and how balanced the human race is. If we were all alike, how awful that would be!

6 comments:

Laura D said...

Oh, and the curry chicken pita looks great too! Hopefully we'll be trying that one out soon!

Laura D said...

Your colors for months and their arrangement is so interresting to me. No I don't do it, but I find the whole concept amazing. I think life would possibly be more fun "in your brain." I was looking through Emily's post and found many I'd consider artists did this. Maybe that's why I struggle with what colors go well together and can never paint anything that is truly "Sara Mincy style." (That is an actual style at my house. My husband often will point to something and say, "That's 'Sarah Mincy style' and doesn't really go with this. Let's do more of the'Sara Mincy style'!") = )

Staci Danford said...

Ok.. I just totally admire people who take the time to make food look so darn cute.. I just have NEVER been much of a food person but have always admired it in someone else.. and let me just tell you... those polka dot plates are the cutest things I've seen.. what a great buy.. LOVE them.
Staci

Stephanie said...

Love your chart!
Your new plates are so fun, love the green :)

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

Yummy AND funny....I didn't leave a comment yesterday, but I do visualize the months in a long oval, maybe a little bit of color in there....but right now we're in the middle of the oval (and it's hot!)

joyfullness said...

Sara...avacado green is back??? Where did it go??? Was it on vacay??...You know me...I HEART me some ugly green.. and those plates.. BE STILL ME BEATIN' HEART!! :) Beautifull!!!

hmmm...let me just tell you...i see the months as they are printed on the calendar..one at a time..but if i had to visualize them at all i would probably group them into quarters/seasons/lumps/ colors... Jan/feb mar= grays, blues
april/may/june= pinks, lemon, peach july/august/sept= lemon, "salmon" , avacado green, (kinda like spring but brighter...)and Oct/nov/dec= orange, brown, green and red
i'm creative girl, but the curved line that you see the year is very unique...do you feel like the year kinda drops off...or is it like a roller coaster thrill for you during those last few months??

ps..thinking of bringing some chalkboard paint into our house..maybe on our pantry door??in our kitchen??
any advice??