Wednesday, June 23, 2010

speaking of black and green


Before I forget; the green on the boys' wall is called Pesto (walmart's colorplace brand). I adore black and green together. looking around our house you can see that combo everywhere. Which is funny because I would never just say off the top of my head that I like green and black.

It just came to me today that I really want to paint the kitchen cupboards green. Talking about this to Dave, he had the best idea ever: paint the cupboards black first, then paint the green on top and sand them down in places to let the black show through. Love it! Now I just have to wait for the mood and energy to strike- cuz that is a BIG job. Who wants to come help?

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's a great idea Dave! Green and black are a great combination, I tend to wear those colors a lot more these days.

Catherine Anne said...

Looks great Sara. I love green~

Kim's Treasures said...

Very cool idea! A lot of work for sure!

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

I love those colors! Their room looks so fun! I can't wait to see the kitchen cabinets...props to you hubby for the great idea!!

Lauren said...

We are on the same page girl...as I type from my GREEN art room...black laminate floors and black cabinets! And a few spots of white too! :) How do the boys like their chalk wall?

Jill said...

shared you with our fb friends today - no special reason, just thought it was time! :-)

your boys' room looks great!

Paige said...

Love the bedroom! And if I lived closer, I would show up with my paint brush and drop cloth to help you out!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

So, now you need to try Green&Black's dark chocolate. It's healthy and delish AND you like those two colors together:) It's my new favorite:)

Chrissie Grace said...

The boys room looks great!
After finally finishing my kitchen, I can safely say I will not be doing that again for a while!:)
Good luck, sounds like it will be very cool...

redeemed diva said...

Hey Sara,
I'm wanting to paint something with chalkboard paint. Any special prep for using it. Any special tips?
amalliegater@gmail.com

gailsgarden said...

I'm sure your mom would come and help. HELP!!! She has a HUGE job in front of her right now!

Megan Walker said...

WOW, Sara your boy's room looks awesome! I didn't know you had even decided on any colors yet (that's how far behind I've been...) - this combination looks GREAT!

Oh my gosh, your kitchen cupboards would ROCK!

You are such a powerhouse! Remind me why I don't live next door to you again??? LOL ;)