Wednesday, June 30, 2010

raising kids with integrity

I was listening to Focus on the Family the other day and heard the broadcast on raising kids with integrity. The speaker was saying that they were having problems in their family such as fighting, bickering, teasing, harsh words, and strife. At this I really perked up my ears- (it seems summer break brings out the best in our kids). They gave a link to kids of integrity.com. This is great stuff.

We are planning on doing the Harmony lessons first. I love how they have sample prayers for the parents- prayers for the kids, memory verses to go along with the lesson, fun activities to reinforce the character trait that you are teaching. Yes! We are seeking to raise kids of integrity- and I feel like it is the hardest job in the world!


Hoping you have a day of peace and harmony.....:)

Today is one of those days for us...

Tomorrow I am making a goal of getting up and spending extra time on my knees.....

7 comments:

Monica said...

At the end of the summer maybe you can give us a review and let us know the pros and cons for the program. Keep your chin up, Sara! You and Dave are doing a great job.

DJ said...

I admire you for taking on the tough issues, rather than ignoring, cajoling, denying, diverting, yelling, and other things some parents do when there's "strife" amongst siblings. May you have a "harmonious" summer with your babies...

Catherine Anne said...

Thank you for this. Over the summer the fighting between my 9and 7 year old has been an issue. Doingmy best to add the peace in our home and in thier hearts!

Shelly said...

That is awesome. I will have to look at that link. My oldest tells me he is my gentleman in training.

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Thanks for being the kind of mom that cares about integrity!

Keri said...

It's been forever since I've visited and I've missed you. Of course, the first post is something I NEEDED to see. Wonderful website now bookmarked for me! Thanks.

Stephanie said...

What a helpful site, and what a great job you're doing as a parent!