Thursday, June 3, 2010

polka-dot hoop dreams

Need to know what to do with the polka dot fabric in case you win it?? Put it in a hoop. I found these embroidery hoops at the thrift store for .49 cents.

Iron your fabric, put it in the hoop, trim the fabric so that there is about an inch border all around. Use glue or double sided tape to affix the fabric to the back rim.


Press the border down so you will not see it from the front.


Hang it up- anywhere- it will make you happy.

**************************

Thanks, Chrissie for the interview! Visit Chrissie's blog- she will be interviewing the artists who collaborated with her on her new book, Sharing Stitches-- coming soon!!!!

8 comments:

Martina said...

This is a cute idea. Thanks for the tip!
Be blessed
Martina

Jill said...

SOOOO cute!!! I'm working on a polka-dot project and another project in a hoop too!! (great minds think alike :)!)
Blessings!
Jill

Paige said...

What a very, very cute idea!! Love your creativity.

epfaulkner at gmail dot com

Ruth said...

The hoops are so cute with that fabric. I love Chrissie's blog. I saw your interview there. Can't wait for that wonderful book.

Ruth

Stephanie said...

I need to put some fabric in hoops and hang them. I love that look!

Flower Patch Farmgirl said...

I've got a stash of hoops and fun fabrics waiting for a home in ruby's room. Thanks for the reminder to get busy! ;)

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

Oh my goodness gracious, you are so full of color! I found you through Chrissie Grace and so glad I did. I homeschool my kiddos and can see you have some great ideas! Looking forward to following your blog!

Jeanne Lobsinger said...

Oh my goodness gracious, you are so full of color! I found you through Chrissie Grace and so glad I did. I homeschool my kiddos and can see you have some great ideas! Looking forward to following your blog!