Thursday, June 17, 2010

patchwork shirt

Remember the skirt I got in NYC? The one I love to death...the one that people offer to buy off of me when I wear it? (that's my sister in law, Trish- thanks, Trish for sharing your secret shop in the port authority station! I still wear the skirt, do you? And I promise we do not wear these shirts with the skirts :)

You will never guess what I found at goodwill for $3...................

a patchwork shirt!!!! I am so excited!!! I am going to wear it everyday for the next seven years.


And I have to stand by my fireplace- because we match so well.



I also found this pink shirt at goodwill for our 4 year old. This sweet outfit cost us $2.59....

$2.59 for the shirt
the shoes and skirt were hand-me-downs (thanks :)
and the hot pink tights were a gift (thanks :)

I looooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve thrift shopping- sincerely. It is even better than shopping at Target- if you can believe that.

14 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Love your thrifty finds! Your daughter is cute in her little outfit! I like the shirt you found with your black tee and pants!

Monica said...

oh my! Mary will REALLY have a fit over your new top! And I think your skirt is even prettier in real life than it is in the picture! Great shopping, Sara! :)

Jessica said...

Great finds! I still have some cool items I bought in NYC years ago. But, nothing is better than the thrift store!

Chrissie Grace said...

I LOVE the patchwork shirt! Great find:)

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

Man, when I get skinny you are going to give me that shirt. Or else I am going to sneak into your house and steal it, right along with the skirt. And what is wrong with that shirt you are wearing in the first picture? I would wear it together....oh, wait....that probably means it doesn't really go together:)

Lauren said...

Cute finds! Did you know that Target sends their clearance items straight to Good Will every week on a certain day? They do here and it's some great shopping! Ask your store!

Sara @ The Football Wife said...

If you do come to Charlotte, I will have to take you to the rough part of town to the Goodwill Outlet. Clothes are $1.39 a pound. You throw everything that you want to buy in a bin and they weigh it. SO fun but my husband says I can't go alone anymore. :(

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

Oh wow (I just LOVE that picture of us.) The shirt is a total match!! I still love my skirt. In fact, I just wore my skirt last Sunday. So glad you got some great finds at GW....I need to find my closest thrift store here...and soon!

Jennifer said...

you didn't wear it today!

Rachel said...

That shirt is super cute, cute, cute!!
Love your daughter's outfit too!

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

What a great find and you are looking great in it!

That Crazy Family said...

AAaaaahhh Im so envious! I want a patchwork skirt!!!!

Donette said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that patchwork vest! Hmmm, maybe I could make one for myself . . . .

Living Creatively said...

Ohhhhh, that shirt is SO you!! You just radiate joy, girl!
Love yoru daughter's outfit, too. The kids are always so bright and cheerful looking.
I also <3 thrift stores, antique malls, used clothing shops. Do you have a Plato's Closet in your area? I loooove that place. They buy my clothes and give me credit, then I turn around and get myself new-to-me clothes. Out with the old, in with the new. :-)