Saturday, June 19, 2010

"new" desks!

Another wall in the boys' room BEFORE. Granted this was the day we were moving things- so the dresser didn't always look this bad...but close. Now all of the clothes are in the closet in a dresser and bins.


AFTER

I desperately wanted to get desks for the boys. I wanted them to have their own desks- with drawers for all of their junk. I went out today to two places- and found them!!!! (goodwill and an antique/junk store). The black/brown desk ($20) is solid oak and very sturdy. I am obviously going to either paint it all black or sand the rest of the black paint off of it. The red desk ($24) is also solid wood and I can leave that paint as is. The chairs are not done yet (we already had those) - the one I am decoupaging with pieces of maps, and the other will get painted.

God cares about even the little things and I believe He had those desks waiting for me :)

The bulletin boards got a coat of paint and the letters and numbers were an idea I got from a tray that I have from Target.

Take a good look at the clean chalkboard wall -- tomorrow is the day they get to start writing on it! (you are supposed to leave it for a few days before using).

There is more to be done-- accessories to slowly collect (clock, trash can, organizer things for the desks, pictures to frame), but I am happy, happy with what we got accomplished!!!

More pictures to come...................

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

It really looks great! And what great finds on the desks, they're really nice for under 30 bucks each!

Living Creatively said...

W-o-w!!! I'm so impressed and so happy for you. I know how good it feels to get things organized, and decorated.
The whole room looks great. Love the desks and LOVE the number/letter boards. The word, "ART" jumped out at me. :-)

juliechall said...

I love what you have done with the room Sara! God is so good to help us find just what we need. I just found our next car seat in great shape at a yard sale for only $15! After having done research for a while and seeing most of the prices, I was ready to do a little happy dance right there! :) ps. I also love love love the numbers/letters pics - awesome.

Bethany said...

I just painted a chalkboard message board myself today - we have to wait a few days to use it though! I'm sure they are excited to add their own touch! Love that red desk - way to go on the great deal!

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

I really like it!! You have inspired my little "nook" upstairs near our guest room to be plastered with maps too...especially since we'll have missionaries staying in there periodically....such a great idea!!

Thanks for the kick start~

Marie@PoutyPinkPrincess said...

What a great deal on the desks...that is awesome! I love their bulletin boards! I can't wait to see the map chair, sounds perfect for a little boy!

Lauren said...

Super desk finds! And the boys will LOVE that amazing chalkwall! I would! :)

Pop Pop & Granna said...

I love the color -- the maps -- the blackboard wall -- I've got to find a place in or new house to put one! Great job -- love that green!

heather said...

yay! looking good! i know it feels good to have it decorated so cutely & organized!

Jara said...

Looking good! Love the bulletin boards, and the chalk wall and maps, how FUN!

Carrie said...

You are totally motivating me!!! Thanks!!!

gailsgarden said...

WOW!!! We sure did miss a lot! The room looks GREAT! I would love to see a pic of it today, June 28th. What do the boys think? I bet they LOVE it!