Tuesday, June 15, 2010

give thanks

Lately some discontent has been seeping into my life....there is no reason- and the more blessed I am, it seems like the more I find to complain about. Shame on me! The cure for discontent?!?!?

Thankfulness!

In everything give thanks.........it is like I take the one thing that is frustrating me and focus on that- mull it over in my mind...complain about it in my mind- when there are millions of things to thank God for !

I am thankful for: God's love**my husband**my kids**FOOD!**our sweet house**flowers**the sun**birds**God's forgiveness**chalkboard paint**watermelon**Grandparents**poodles**Freedom to read the Bible**paint**Thrift Stores**rainbows**Target**friends**much, much more........

2 comments:

DJ said...

So true. So easy to fall into the compaining trap, thinking we know how the world should work.
Then something happens and we go running to Him, like a kid who's skinned their knee. And He reminds us of our smallness beside His Power & Grace.

Oh, yeh: Love that first collage above, girlfriend!

Monica said...

If this were Facebook I'd press the like button...over and over and over again! :)