Saturday, June 12, 2010

ancient Words

Holy words long preserved
for our walk in this world,
They resound with God's own heart
Oh, let the Ancient words impart.

Words of Life, words of Hope
Give us strength, help us cope
In this world, where e'er we roam
Ancient words will guide us Home.

Ancient words ever true
Changing me, and changing you.
We have come with open hearts
Oh let the ancient words impart.

Holy words of our Faith
Handed down to this age.
Came to us through sacrifice
Oh heed the faithful words of Christ.

Holy words long preserved
For our walk in this world.
They resound with God's own heart
Oh let the ancient words impart.

Ancient words ever true
Changing me, and changing you.
We have come with open hearts
Oh let the ancient words impart.

(song by Lynn DeShazo)
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I love that song. Especially these lines:
*Ancient Words....changing me and changing you

*Holy Words.....resound with God's own heart

*Words of Life, words of Hope
Give us strength, help us cope
There are a lot of things in life that will fade away- but every time we tell someone about God's Word- that will last forever. When I tell my kids about Jesus dying on the cross to save them from death and hell- and they accept Jesus as their Savior- that will last forever!

That is why I want these reminders in my life--to set my mind on things above- what will last? What can I do today that will have eternal rewards?? Read the Bible, tell others about God's Truth, teach my kids all I can about God and how wonderful He is....those things will last............

8 comments:

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

Very awesome thoughts!

Thanks for turning our thoughts that way, ma'am!

Paige said...

Loved reading this post today! Have a great week.

Shelley said...

Love the idea of writing God's words on your walls...it is very scriptural to do so.....I also love that little window treatment on your door....blessings on your Lord's day....

Martina said...

Thanks for reminding. This is so true! And it is a great way to use reminding words in different places in our house. You got me into using chalkboards wherever I can! They are really great!
Be blessed

The Hopkins Home said...

I was just talking to my kids about this very thing the other day - how ALL that matters in the end is our relationship with Jesus and that we are saved by his sacrifice and God's amazing grace. I could see little light bulbs starting to flicker in their minds....I know this is the most important thing I'll ever do as a mother. It's so fantastic to have something like that happen and then read about another mother's feelings on the same subject the very next day :) Thanks for sharing...and I love the brown/green painting!
Christen

Jara said...

Amen! I love it!

MeganN said...

Hey Sara! Sure pick what ever thread pics you like! Thanks! Meg

Renee Troy said...

I love that you intermingle art with the Lords words and so boldly on your wall.