Sunday, June 27, 2010

28 things I loved about my 35th b-day

1] having Dave all to myself
2] eating at carrabba's- it has been too long.
3] eating chicken gratella at carrabba's! Best chicken ever.
4] the garlic mashed potatoes
5] the warm crusty bread dipped in olive oil & herbs

6] Dessert Rosa...moist yellow cake with pineapple and strawberries, fresh whipped cream....mmmmmm- the perfect birthday cake
7] the free ice cream with homemade thick & rich chocolate sauce that they brought me since it was my birthday.

8] the warm and easy conversation with my husband of almost 11 years (on July 3rd)
9] having the house all to our selves for a whole night
10] our sweet friends who took the kids for the night!
11] waking up whenever we felt like it with no responsibilities
12] both movies that we saw this weekend were good (we are notorious for picking bad movies); Leap Year and Prince of Persia.

13] I had Dave all to myself
14] Barnes & Noble for breakfast (does a vanilla bean cupcake count as breakfast?)
15] a big pile of magazines to browse while eating the cupcake
16] a side trip into Old Navy
17] Old Navy's 30% off every single thing in the whole store
18] having birthday money to spend
19] the kids' cards and gifts (beaded necklaces & hand drawn rainbows and hearts)
20] having Dave all to myself (did I mention that part?)


21] that ring that Dave got for me- love it :)
22] my nice nap (the kids all slept, after being at the friends' house- and kept their mom up late, but by the time we picked them up, they were ready for a nap!)
23] the red watch with white polka dots from my parents
24] The Carol Burnett book from Gigi and Pops- she is just as funny in her writing.
25] the nice picnic we had at the park with our small group class from church - beautiful weather, good food, great fellowship (the squash casserole, banana pudding, & caramel brownies could each get a paragraph on their own)

26] Tim and Jen for all of their work on the picnic- you guys are the best activities directors ever :) :)
27] sweet cards and facebook messages and comments for a happy birthday [thank you, everyone! I now know who cares :) :)]

28] This cute apron- can't decide if I will wear it every day or hang it on the wall to look at!

Can you believe I could only think of 28 things that I loved about my Birthday? See what I mean?!?! I am only 28 in my mind!!!!

**A few more days to enter my ferm dishtowel giveaway- that bird in the bird cage towel is begging for a good home :)

16 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy 28th! Hee,hee! It sounds heavenly! Now I'm hungry! :)

Stephanie said...

That sounds like an awesome birthday!!!! Happy 28th :) Birthday Sara!!!

DJ said...

Wow...God really blesses His children, doesn't He?

Big Birthday Hugs ~

ps: You look like you're only twenty!

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Awww-- sounds like you had a great birthday -- I love your ring!

{B} said...

ohmygoodness, Sara! I cannot even believe myself!!!!! I missed writing on your wall for your birthday. What an absolutely terrible sister-in-law I am! I was logged out for the day and then when I got back on their that evening, it slipped my mind and I feel TERRIBLE! I really do care! ;-)

so glad you had a wonderful day!

Chrissie Grace said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you:):):)

knack said...

it looks like a fantastic birthday!! so glad!

The Dreaming Bear said...

Howdy from Iowa! What a cute blog you have! So glad to have found it! Your artwork and your home...everything is darling! Will be back again soon! Have a great day!

Julie Bagamary said...

Happy Birthday! I like the "birthday week" idea for myself too....why just celebrate for one day!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Happy birthday Sara. Looks like you had a great time. Love the ring. Your man did good:)

Farmgirl Paints said...

So glad you had a great b-day! What a sweet man to get you a ring. That's pretty romantic:)

Trisha said...

Sara,
Happy belated birthday. I am glad that you had such a wonderful birthday!!!

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

We care too!!! Just haven't been very good about remembering to tell everybody (on time) lately!

Happy Birthday!!!

We love you Aunt Sara :))

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday!
Wishing you many more blessed years :)

Lexie said...

Happy Birthday Sara! I had to chuckle at #12...my roommate and I have been having bad luck with movies lately too...but we really liked Leap Year. :)

Megan Walker said...

Wow, what an *AWESOME* birthday post! Happy Birthday Sara! I'm delighted it was so wonderful - you most certainly deserved it :) I loved your list - what a great list overflowing with blessings! :)

And by the way, I have a similar apron - I leave it on a special hanger (a vintage Pillsbury Dough Boy) on my pantry door because I just love admiring it way too much to wear it - LOL :D

xoxoxo