Monday, May 17, 2010

patch garland



Remember the paper globes we had hanging in the kitchen? I miss them terribly. I want them back- although, they have found new places in the house and I can't bear to move them....so this happy little patchy garland will stand in for the globes.

See the white fabric with red dots? It's new! I can tell you where it is from soon and I am thinking of giving some away- just a little, I can't bear to part with it all.

Hope your Monday is nice! Mine started with this passage:

My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us.
Psalm 62:5-8
What a great way to start the day! --God is my rock and my strength!!!!!

13 comments:

Child in Harmony said...

LOve your garland. Did you just fold the fabric over or sew it on?

And I am so inspired that you have two different color curtains in the same room...a woman after my own heart!

your color palette reminds me of susan sargent fabrics...of which I adore!


happy day!
~marcia

Genie Marie said...

Can you come decorate my house???? I love your style...it so makes me want to step out of the same old comfortable style I use and be more bold! It's just beautiful!!!

Kim's Treasures said...

So bright and cheery! Love it!

rachel awes said...

i love
how
your heart
pours out
before Him
& us
in color.
xo

Shelly said...

Thanks for the scripture Sara, I needed it. A weekend of cuddling my sick boy who couldn't keep anything down. A trip to the ER at 2 this morning. I needed the reminder.

Mary said...

These are great!!
I just got some paper globe lights and strung them on the front porch.
I liked yours - they are a little bigger than mind I think. Where did you get yours????

I love all the color you use in your home!! So fun!!

justin, jake, and jenna's mom said...

Loving the garland!!! What a cute idea :))

Thanks so much for the verses....that is a wonderful truth to meditate on!

Stephanie said...

The garland is a great idea for adding some color in place of your lanterns. Very cute :)

lori vliegen said...

you always do the most fun, colorful projects in your house!!! this garland is fabulous.....i love all of your fabrics! and thanks for sharing the Psalm.....i would say it's my favorite, but then i realize that they're ALL my favorites!! xox, :))

naomi orana said...

What a beautiful, bright, fun blog! I'm loving this and can't wait to see what you come up with next - Truly inspirational!!

Sun-Kissed Scholars said...

Beautiful, vibrant, bright & happy-- just like everything in your house, it reflects YOU!

Love your creativity!

jen said...

Everything you show us makes me want to go and make it for myself! I just decided I'm going to have to work it into my budget to have you create some art for my house. Just as soon as I paint I'll put that on the list!

Gretchen said...

Hey, Sar, when you made that garland, did you sew them back to back and then attach it to the rope, or are they just one sided? I am hoping to sew a birthday banner out of patches for Susie's birthday, and I wondered if you'd give me a little help. :)