Tuesday, April 6, 2010

something's missing

I finally took down the paper lanterns from the dining area. They may come back at some point, but right now the room feels bigger and more open. Now the focus is on the windows and the trees that are blooming out there.



some of the lanterns snuck in here



I do miss this view- it was always fun to see the lanterns from the living room


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Today is the day! Our baby girl is going to get a purple polka dot closet! Stay tuned...............

We are *slightly* on spring break. One of the perks of homeschooling- you can sort of decide last minute to have a spring break day or two. I don't think we are going to take the whole week. But yesterday and today have been nice and relaxed. Homeschool moms, what do you do about spring break? Do you take a day here and there or a whole week?

13 comments:

redeemed diva said...

Aas always, it looks great. Will you lend me your mind for a while. You know, just so I can use it on decrating my home. I'll give it back...I promise. ;)

Lauren said...

I'm loving your bright, creative home! Even the puppy bowls are artsy fun! I cannot wait to see the polka dot closet! My girls would big puffy heart to live in your amazing home! Oh....and I love your painted? window! LOVE!

Tara said...

Just love your happy home Sara. Can I just come and sit a spell? You and my sister would get along good. Her whole house is full of color.
Hugs,
Tara

Garth and Becky said...

Pretty as always! We aren't taking a spring break this year because of the baby coming any time. Instead, we'll be done with school by the end of this month...wahoo!! Have fun on the closet...can't wait to see it!

justin, jake and jenna's mom said...

Can't wait to see the closet!!! Sounds adorable~

We're doing our break at the end of the month when we come to CA...we're also going to be in NY the weekend before...so it's kind of meshing together for a little over a week break.

Lots of work to do in the meantime though!!!

Marsha said...

We take a "spring day" here or there. I'm hoping to finish our schoolwork in the middle of May because we have a busy summer ahead of us. My niece is getting married and there are tons of things to do before June 19th!

Ruth said...

I like to have a day off here and there. Sometimes we take a couple of days off and just enjoy them. I have surprised the kids a couple of times. I don't tell them it's a day off until right before bed, sometimes not until the morning.

Love the color and cheerfulness in your home. It always makes me smile.

Ruth

Stephanie said...

I have those moments too where sometimes there is just too much stuff, and the view out the window just needs to be let in. I like it both ways, it would be tough to decide, but they can always come back. Looks great!

Andy & Kellie Smith said...

Sara---I cannot wait to see the purple polka dot closet. We are on break until Friday. Miss you guys. Your house is always an uplift to me when I am down. I love everything about it. I wish you could come stay with us for a while and deck ours out! :)

Jane said...

I never noticed the half circle window with the painting. How beautiful! Enjoy your break!

sUz said...

your home is a breath of fresh air saRa :) and the purple polka dot closet has me all giddy! sUz :)

Paige said...

I just love your home! Beautiful colors. Can't wait to see the closet.

Megan Walker said...

LOVE IT BOTH WAYS!!! :D