Wednesday, April 28, 2010

bathroom before and after....Nov 2007

More posts from the archives- this was 3 years ago- all I can say is the hair and glasses are already cracking me up.............(not yours, mom- mine!!!). But the bathroom is still black & white and I still love it. And the painted border that you will see on the mirror is still looking freshly painted after 3 years. (I used acrylic paint)
................................................................................................................................................

Here is the only before picture-- white walls--border on the walls and also on the mirror & switch plates. No decor, very plain. Thank you Mom for painting, and for the idea to paint a border around the mirror.


After.
Paint- $13


Canvas for "love" passage- $5
plate from Target- the inspiration for the black&white accents- $3




little black shelf- $5
I had the square canvas already, and the paint on hand.





black spray paint for the light fixture, I already had on hand.


Then- as a stroke of pure genius, Dave brings me this roll of b&w paper from his trip. He had no idea about the bathroom- or the fact that I wanted this exact type of paper to cover boxes for the stuff on the shelves (in the baskets). I will add more pics tomorrow of the shelves with customized storage boxes covered in this fabulous paper. He must read my mind :) He also got me that red shirt from Old Navy- good job, darlin.



Total money spent- $26.oo

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my stars - I never would have thought to paint a border on the mirror, pure genius! I am going to have to call MY house Sara's Art House by the time I get through stealing all your ideas to make my home super cute! Thank you so much for the ideas!

Amanda Hervey said...

I LOVE your blog. I am always so uplifted by your projects! You are one of the most unique bloggers out in blog-land and I'm grateful I stumbled upon your "art house!"

Many blessings!
Amanda @ A Lovely Place to Land

Lauren said...

Love this! Okay, spill your creative secrets...Did you just paint on the mirror? I'm so in love with your mirror border!

Debby said...

Me again. I wanted to make a comment about another post I read yesterday.....in regards to your ironing post.
I read somewhere where someone takes her sheets to the dry cleaners to have them ironed...she likes them crisp. Oh my goodness. I bet the sheets are wonderful but wow what a luxury.

Kim's Treasures said...

Love your bathroom! Your house is way cool!

BlueCastle said...

I think that border around your mirror is just genius. I've seen the big frames they sell to go around them and thought "there has to be a better way". Really love your idea and your creativity!

redeemed diva said...

I love it. Like usual. Love it.

shaleza said...

I love the mirror border! I might have to steal that idea. Love your artwork too!

mishebe said...

love your artsy creative decor..

Staci Danford said...

I LOVE that mirror. You're going to have to tell us all how you did that.. What a fab idea..
Staci