Tuesday, March 16, 2010

what dave has been raving about this week

As you can see by the picture I could not even get a photo fast enough- even the kids gobbled it up.
Crunchy Chicken Salad
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. ketchup
3 tbsp. vinegar (the recipe called for cider vinegar, but I only had regular on hand)
1 -2 heads romaine lettuce (I think I used 1 and a half)
2 c. cubed cooked chicken
1 c. cashews
1 can (3 oz) chow mein noodles

mix together the first 5 ingr. Then combine everything in a large bowl.




S'more Bars
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/3 c. milk
1 jar (7 0z) marshmallow creme
chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
about 3 sheets graham crackers crumbled into small pieces

Mix dry cake mix, butter, and milk until blended. Press 2-thirds onto bottom of greased 9x13 pan. Bake 12 min at 350. Cool 3 min.

Top with spoon fulls of marshmallow creme, and spoon fulls of the remaining batter- toss the chocolate chips on there. Bake 18 min or just until center is set. Top with the cracker pieces. (I made half with the crackers and half without.....it is good either way.



Can't Leave Alone Bars
1 pkg yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
1 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. butter

Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil. With floured hands press 2-thirds of the mixture into greased 9x13 pan.

Microwave the milk, choc. chips, and butter 45sec. Stir, melt 45 sec more until smooth. Pour over crust. Drop spoonfuls of the remaining batter mixture on top. Bake 350 for 20-25 min until lightly browned.


The polka dot plates! I could not pass them up at Target-- .99 cents each!!!!!

The green one looks right at home in the window beside the clump of weeds we call a centerpiece :)

13 comments:

Mary said...

Everything looks yummy, will have to try!!!

I was at Target the other day, they have gotten in some very cute stuff!!

gypsy@Hebrews11:13 said...

That is one of my favorite salads!!!!! Gotta try those smores brownies:) And I love your plates:)

Kim's Treasures said...

I need to try that salad!

redeemed diva said...

yummy,yummy,yummy

Rachel said...

Oh my lands, where in the world was that plate at Target?! I LOvE it!! I guess I'll need to go back there again this week. hehe

Carol said...

Your post was just in time. I needed a quick supper meal and your salad fit the bill. It was delicious! I am suprised that all of us, family of 7, loved it. I am even blogging about it later today. Thanks so much.

suna said...

yum, yum, and yum.

Pam said...

Love that green polka dot plate...it would look great in the new farmer's market display I am working on.

Pop Pop & Granna said...

Thanks for the great recipes -- The salad one would be great to take to a ladies' luncheon, too!
Sarah -- you know I Loooove your style -- loooove reading your blog --and looooove you!

Seth & Bethany Heijermans said...

I LOVE the polka dot plates! Were they in the dishes section or somewhere else in Target and were they sold be color? The red ones have caught my eye!

And yum--I need to try these recipes!

meg duerksen said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!
what are you doing to me sarah?!!
those bars look like pure sin. and polka plates for .99!!?? what?
i am going crazy here wanting to eat your yummy bars!

Stephanie said...

I've tried the chunky chicken salad and the smore bars. Oh my, So good! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

What a colorful site you have. I really like how you choose to share the scriptures and how cheerful your artwork is. God loves your cheerfulness; it is contagious to those around you. Thanks for sharing your artwork and creativity with us.