Sunday, March 7, 2010

re-organizing the art room....painting the art room

::Starting a new inspiration wall there beside the bed....
::in the process of painting a polka-dot wall....


::stealing pillows and blankets from other rooms for this bed
(sorry kids, just put on warmer pajamas, mommy needs this blanket --:)


::an experiment wall of paint- patchwork & red/pink/orange paint


a closer look....I am so happy with the colors



::trying so hard to get the fabric in order...but to keep it in order that will be the real test!

Any tips on keeping a craft room neat? A maid, perhaps? I am so thankful that I have a space all my own to work in. I know that not everyone gets that privilege- and I so remember what it is like to do my projects on the kitchen counter.

10 comments:

DJ said...

I love your color and organizational skills, kid! Can't wait to see the finished walls painted.

Lindsay - Paint Me A Picture said...

Very nice.
No advice on the organizing...still trying to figure that out as I paint at the kitchen table :)

Dawn said...

LOVE the patchwork wall - how happy and fun!!! As for organizing, the only thing that works for me is EVERYTHING has to have a place, if not - supplies will overwhelm a space no matter HOW big!

Shelly said...

Shut the door and don't let anyone in! That is the only way I have found. We have our home group at our house this month and I cleaned the boys bedrooms last night. I told my oldest he couldn't go in his room until it was bed time!

Lauren said...

Such a great room! My artroom gets soooo messy! I have little baskets, jars, tubs, etc. for all of my odds and ends (and they are all labeled), but I tend to get too busy to keep it all in such lovely order. :(

Bethany said...

I love the patchwork section! Very cute, and original...I don't think I've ever seen that before! You are such a creative lady!

Paige said...

So cute!! Love to see what you are up to creatively!

Sara- The Football Wife said...

Last time I checked, ART is not neat & tidy! :)

Stephanie said...

Love the patchwork on the wall! But where's the chalkboard paint on the walls? No black (chalkboard paint) polka dots? :)

Jacqueline said...

Sara! I am so glad you learned how to make pictures larger! Thanks for sharing!! I LOVE the pink/orange/red paint :)